The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:s: no.....

I'll prob have it done by the middle of next month... maybe :redface:
Reply 2
Nope my college has said that all Oxbridge applications have to be in by the end of September so mine will probably finished by September 30th if I am lucky. All I have to do is my personal statement but my first draft is awful (about 10 lines too short, no interesting extra-curriculars AND has has a cliche opening and ending)
Reply 3
no not yet
the teachers are still doing references
so maybe in 2 weeks
Reply 4
Im doing mine now. Should be out in about 4 weeks.
Reply 5
are there many pp finished it by summer?
i thought i would but i havent done anything through 2 months...!!
i just got my 1st draft last night, even just half, hasnt written the extra activ bit...!!!
i think i have to finish this week and give some pp to look through it...

my school forces us to finish by 30th sep..
Waiting for the teacher references and maybe have a couple more people (tutor, maths teacher) look at my personal statement. I am ready to submit, just need the all clear >.<
30th September is the deadline for Oxbridge, so I'm waiting until after that to give mine PS in... I've filled in all the other stuff on the form though. Wow, I'm never this organised... EVER! (Still haven't decided where to apply though!)
no, won't be finished until end of october i reckon. my tutor is really slow and hasn't done my reference, plus there's a couple of open days i feel i really hate to go and see before putting them down
Reply 9
KAISER_MOLE
Waiting for the teacher references and maybe have a couple more people (tutor, maths teacher) look at my personal statement. I am ready to submit, just need the all clear >.<

Ditto. I am all done, it is just waiting for the references to trickle through. I guess it will be fired off to UCAS on about the 7th of October. (Randomly chosen date)
Reply 10
Finishing it off now... for tomorrow
:frown: rather not be doing it..
Reply 11
deadline for oxbridge is 15th October.
Erm hopefully I'll have mine sent off end of September, my teacher said theres no point sending them in any earlier unless ur going oxbridge because the universitys are still sorting out this years stuff out. I can't wait to get it sent off its so exciting, gonna be hell waiting til march for replies isnt it!
Reply 13
My references have been completed today, and I sent the form to the referee people a couple of days ago.

I just have to send my cambridge form in now. Then its all done (and thank god!)
I still need to complete my PS(I'd say it's 80% complete), my teacher still needs to write my refference and I still need to take a stupid IELTS test, EVEN though the Uni's I apply to can easily see that I don't need any english test, due to my English grades, due to my personal statement and due to me having my English teacher writing my refference. I guess I'll have it out in October. Can't wait till it's sorted, it's really stressful and with work, it becomes hard to concentrate on my studies. I know for a fact that come next holidays, I will be studying like mad!
I'm hoping to get mine sent off by the end of September. Not sure if my teachers have written my references yet, probs find out tomorrow. Just need to finish my p.s which I thought was already finished until my biology teacher told me I need to go to see her to discuss it.. grrr :rolleyes:
Reply 16
no. hope to get it off by end of the month
and good riddance
Reply 17
Just spoken to the teacher who checks everything one last time and I'm meeting him on Wednesday. So it'll be off by the end of next week. (my reference has already been written) :smile:
Mine's definitely gunna be off by end of September - just waiting for double check of P/Statment and my tutor promises to get it done within a week after that

Is that quick enough?
Mine's driving me crazy - I want it gone!! Unfortunately my teachers aren't getting my references done quickly enough but I'm trying to bully them into sorting it all by next week which is when I want to send it. PS is basically finished except the minor point that I hate it and the first line is useless...

Latest

Trending

Trending