The Student Room Group

Do pretty girls have an easier life?

I'm mainly talking about little everday things. For example, the pretty girls I know manage to talk their way out of getting parking tickets, get bus drivers stopping to let them on when they're not supposed to, get things refunded in shops without a receipt (if there's a male serving them) etc. At work, if there's a new girl who's pretty, the guys will offer to help her all the time. I'm not talking about sleazy guys here, I'm talking about normal nice guys, even ones with girlsfriends. Guys, are you more likely to help out girls if they are pretty, even if nothings going to happen (e.g. if she's a stranger you encountered randomly, or if you have a girlfriend etc.).

Scroll to see replies

Anonymous
I'm mainly talking about little everday things. For example, the pretty girls I know manage to talk their way out of getting parking tickets, get bus drivers stopping to let them on when they're not supposed to, get things refunded in shops without a receipt (if there's a male serving them) etc. At work, if there's a new girl who's pretty, the guys will offer to help her all the time. I'm not talking about sleazy guys here, I'm talking about normal nice guys, even ones with girlsfriends. Guys, are you more likely to help out girls if they are pretty, even if nothings going to happen (e.g. if she's a stranger you encountered randomly, or if you have a girlfriend etc.).

Yep; this is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

I can understand, due to personal experience. :sad:
Yes we do :] haa
I agree but I think they do this for young girls/women in general even if they don't look like ScarJo but having said that young girls/women are generally attractive by default so...
yes we do but that's good thing :biggrin:
Yes - it's just one of those things. Attractive people are more likely to get off the hook in court, too. Both men and women are prone to treat attractive people better.
I like how the people who think they're pretty are posting anon. :p:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
I am a male and i dont give any special consideration to attractive females :P i also work in retail and everyone gets treated the same in my opinion :smile:

(well, forign people which dont speak english get a different experience :L )
Reply 8
unfortunately, this is most probables

:puppyeyes:

Edit: although, i cant stand 'pretty' girls, even boys, who know they are attractive and that makes them arrogant, and less attractive
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
Attractive people are deemed subconciously as better I guess.

Kinda like the Halo Effect for example.

But I don't think your looks are everything. I mean yes they get you by on the easy stuff but you can also be judged a lot by your 'good looks'.

Personality usually overcomes anyway. Even if it means someone won't carry your books and walk you to class yadda yadda yadda
Reply 10
Yes, people who are attractive get things easier than others.

It's genetically advantageous in loads of ways.
Yes, it's definitely true.
I'm not even going to post it anonymous- we do have it easier, but I've experienced both sides of it.

This morning I was like 10p short of my bus fare, had loads of shopping bags and it was pouring down with rain. Did that male driver let me on the bus? Of course he didn't, because I was dressed for going shopping- no make up, greasy hair and trackies tucked into Ugg boots.

Really annoyed me, because I recognised him from the town bus route- and he's let me on NUMEROUS times for free if I'm all tarted up to go down town.

It's not fair, is it?
Reply 13
I think they do.:s-smilie:
Reply 14
no, my gf is having an incredibly tough time with her PhD.
sweeter than a cherry pie
Yes - it's just one of those things. Attractive people are more likely to get off the hook in court, too. Both men and women are prone to treat attractive people better.

Not necessarily - with regards to deception offences etc, they are more likely to be found guilty, as they could be seen to be using their looks to an advantage e.g. manipulative/conniving etc.
pretty girls have an easy life?
apparently i'm pretty and trust me it sucks.
young,blonde and skinny(regardless of what i eat- i suppose thats a benefit).
but seriously everyone thinks I'm stupid, i get no praise, i have colleagues at work thinking that i give special favours, i get dirty comments by weird little men. I end up playing dum purely because everyone expects me to be - its easier off. I work in retail and it bbores me to death, hence exploring going back to college.
And my boss at work seems to think that cos i'm pretty she can snub me and ignore how good i am at my job and when i do things which are not expected of me.
hmm it sucks
I would just like to add that I personally don't think I'm pretty.
They really do :/
Being not very pretty myself, I've always watched the pretty girls get things their way and get away with things that I wouldn't be able to. It's very demoralising.
Maybe it's a matter of confidence? Because they're prettier, they're more confident and are more able to talk their way out of things.
(edited 13 years ago)
I must say (and I wouldn't regard myself as pretty), when I'm dressed nicely and have make-up on I get away with a lot more... especially as I NEVER remember my YP on trains!
Reply 19
sweeter than a cherry pie
I like how the people who think they're pretty are posting anon. :p:

This haha.

btw you're pretty too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending