The Student Room Group

Afterwards (asking someone on a date) :confused:

I have finally met someone who I care especially about and in the next week when I finally shrug off this damn cold I am going to ask her out (clichey term but oh well!)

Just wondering (if she does infact agree to go out with me), what does everyone do once they have asked the other person out on a date/to go out with them etc.?

For example do you sweep down into a large passionate kiss and set big machines off that throw out rose petals, or do you give them a light kiss on the check before walking off to deal with one of life's other wonders etc etc. you get the picture?

As I havn't asked anybody out for so long I can't actually remember how I reacted after I last asked somebody to become my girlfriend and I don't want to end up doing something stupid this time round.

I'd prefer it if people did answer this seriously but if you do have a funny idea it would be great to share that for everyone to laugh with.

Cheers guys,
Nick

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Aww! that was such a sweet post!!:smile: tbh id say just act normally, ie the way you were before u asked her out!
so where are u planning on taking her??
emmaxx
Reply 2
Silhouette
I have finally met someone who I care especially about and in the next week when I finally shrug off this damn cold I am going to ask her out (clichey term but oh well!)

Just wondering (if she does infact agree to go out with me), what does everyone do once they have asked the other person out on a date/to go out with them etc.?

For example do you sweep down into a large passionate kiss and set big machines off that throw out rose petals, or do you give them a light kiss on the check before walking off to deal with one of life's other wonders etc etc. you get the picture?

As I havn't asked anybody out for so long I can't actually remember how I reacted after I last asked somebody to become my girlfriend and I don't want to end up doing something stupid this time round.

I'd prefer it if people did answer this seriously but if you do have a funny idea it would be great to share that for everyone to laugh with.

Cheers guys,
Nick

Neither. I've only once been asked 'out', albeit by way of TSR and on a more platonic pretext; certainly, I was never presumptuous enough to proposition anyone else to that effect. However, I think that a kiss on the cheek would be within the bounds of 'acceptable' conduct: it's ambivalent enough that you needn't risk coming over too strong or too weak.
Reply 3
When my boyfriend asked me out, he took me outside, it was a nice starry night :smile: He took me hand faced me and told me he liked me, i replied and he asked me out, he then gave me a kiss on the lips, i think just do what you think is natural. Im sure you will do fine :smile:
Reply 4
Emma18
Aww! that was such a sweet post!!:smile: tbh id say just act normally, ie the way you were before u asked her out!
so where are u planning on taking her??
emmaxx

Thank you. I havn't decided yet. I'm thinking of something spontaneous on the day depending on the mood at the time. The ideas I hoped to get from this thread were from instances just after you've asked someone to go out with you, because it is that moment I am more [I guess the best word to use is] scared of, than the actual asking out. :biggrin: That is of course if she agrees, but then I can only dream. :wink:
Reply 5
It should be a complete anticlimax. Nothing happens until the "date" itself.
Nutchopper
When my boyfriend asked me out, he took me outside, it was a nice starry night :smile: He took me hand faced me and told me he liked me, i replied and he asked me out, he then gave me a kiss on the lips, i think just do what you think is natural. Im sure you will do fine :smile:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww sum1 stole my idea...
Silhouette

Cheers guys,
Nick

Hmm. My boyfriend asked me to 'meet up' with him,via msn messenger (romantic, I know!)
We went to the cinema, Starbucks, a cafe, Xmas shopping (was about a year ago) Then went to wait for a bus, to go to the pub to meet up with some friends. The said bus, wasn't very frequent, so we were waiting in the cold, cuddling up, sitting in the park, right next to the bus stop. we were literally just having a cuddle, when a police car, a video van and an ambulance turned up. A police man and woman came up, asked us what we were doing, as they'd had reports of two people in the park. Obviously we were fully clothed, and not actually doing anything, so they laughed and went off. we made a quick retreat, and got on a different bus. It was on the walk back through town, giggling stupidly, that he actually asked me out properly.
XD
Well i dont know, but i went to a party and got quite drunk and ended up kissing someone there. he then "asked me out" (damn cliche!) and ive just returned off date as we speak!
Reply 9
Sounds good, I'd prefer alcohol to not be involved though on this occasion.
yeah my ex and i asked each out over MSN (meh we should just have been friends) ..hmm ive never been asked out in a romantic way :frown:

what normally happens after you ask a girl out is that you find out everything that you're doing wrong, and how NOT to behave.

but seriously, if you dont know her that well and you want to avoid the posibility of akward silences take her to the cinema or theatre or 10pin bowling or something,

that way you'll have something in common already that you can chat about if you get one of those silences!
Aw, you're so cute. :smile: Anyway. Just ask her, and then...go with the flow. Things will happen naturally. Don't stress about it, don't plan anything out..just ask her to be your girlfriend, wait for an answer and if she says yes (and hopefully she will)..just give her a light kiss maybe and yeah...I don't know. Things will just come naturally, seriously. Don't worryyyyy.
Reply 13
El Scotto

what normally happens after you ask a girl out is that you find out everything that you're doing wrong, and how NOT to behave.

but seriously, if you dont know her that well and you want to avoid the posibility of akward silences take her to the cinema or theatre or 10pin bowling or something,

that way you'll have something in common already that you can chat about if you get one of those silences!

No we are friends at the moment as it is, still loads to talk about considering we've only been friends for what I guess is 8 weeks.

I'm not into asking out via text, msn or phone, so I'm going to do it in person. And yes I am aware that there are chances of rejection and moments of uncomfortness if the whole plan blows up in my face. :smile:

If things go my way there will not be an awkward silence, but it's the actions I make just after she replies to my question that I am scared of. In situations like this I have a tendancy to make a fool of myself, although I guess it could be considered 'cute.' :rolleyes:

good luck, but Remember though, some people are best left friends.
Reply 15
El Scotto

Cheers man and I do realise that. It is partially the reason why I havn't asked anybody out for ages, because all my good female friends I knew too well to go out with, but they were the nicest girls I knew. Catch 22 situation. I think this instance is definately worth a try, and if it does f**k up, then the Christmas holidays are close by which will give both of us the chance to forget the whole thing even happened.
El Scotto

:ditto: as i recently found out :frown:
Reply 17
I have remained friends with all of my ex-girlfriends. Hopefully if things blow up there is no false sense of security with this fact.
r0manticide17
:ditto: as i recently found out :frown:

what happened?

and Silhouette, I like to think i've stayed friends with my exes lol

we're all good to speak to each other (bar1) but dont call or text anymore heh.
Reply 19
I tend not to text my normal friends anyway, obviously I don't mean it in an offensive way, it's just that we don't text each other.

Latest

Trending

Trending