The Student Room Group

Hong Kong Universities

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by dragon_knight
your welcome! yes that is correct. university ranking is a major factor of how employers recruit ppl.

well... what do u mean by exposed to the contacts? like are u asking, "if i am studying in HK, will I have the same social network as if i was studying in UK?"

I guess i was trying to say that in a more round about way, but i don't know whether to study here and do an exchange year (providing i get the opportunity) in HK or make a complete change and go there for uni, but i will have to wait until my offers come in through UCAS before i make any decisions i guess. But thank you again :smile:!

Original post by 21Grapes
There is no saying where you will get 'exposed to contacts'. You make contacts through friends, lecturers, people from work, events etc. but that is up to you and what you do, more so than where you are. So yes, you would meet people in the UK.

mmmm, i guess, i have to base my opinions on what other people say to see if it is the right choice to go to HK because the move is completely different and i guess i don't want to end up regretting anything half way through, because its a huge commitment for me and my family, so i have to in one way make sure that there aren't any pitfalls by moving to HK, though i think there shouldn't be!
I've applied to HKU for Law.
Submitted the online application so far... Not done as yet! :s-smilie:
Original post by aysha.19
I've applied to HKU for Law.
Submitted the online application so far... Not done as yet! :s-smilie:

there are many law degress in hku. what did u apply for ? like LLB, or BBA(law) or BA/LLB or JD? because different courses have different admission grades and they have different interview times.

but up till now, hku admission office is busy interviewing the HKDSE students (a new education curriculum in hong kong) starting form last saturday to mid-december. so u may not hear from them in 2011. keep faith in 2012 for interviews XD

there are many law degress in hku. what did u apply for ? like LLB, or BBA(law) or BA/LLB or JD? because different courses have different admission grades and they have different interview times.

but up till now, hku admission office is busy interviewing the HKDSE students (a new education curriculum in hong kong) starting form last saturday to mid-december. so u may not hear from them in 2011. keep faith in 2012 for interviews XD

I applied for LLB Bachelors in Law.
How about you?
I applied for LLB Bachelors in Law.
How about you?

MBBS Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. lol that means medicine :smile:

how's your academics?

MBBS Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. lol that means medicine :smile:

how's your academics?

Lol! I know what that means :P

5 A's, 5 B's, 1 C in O levels...
Lol! I know what that means :P

5 A's, 5 B's, 1 C in O levels...

i see your o levels. u still stand a chance if u have very good AS results :smile:
i see your o levels. u still stand a chance if u have very good AS results :smile:

my school doesn't let us give AS. So its just A levels now.
my school doesn't let us give AS. So its just A levels now.

is the highest attainable grade in o-level in your scheme is A or A*? if it's A*, then frankly speaking, it is not a very competitive score. if it's A, then your o-level results are not bad. if u have taken some other exams (e.g. SAT / AP / IELTS ) it'll surely help in your application.
is the highest attainable grade in o-level in your scheme is A or A*? if it's A*, then frankly speaking, it is not a very competitive score. if it's A, then your o-level results are not bad. if u have taken some other exams (e.g. SAT / AP / IELTS ) it'll surely help in your application.

I gave my O levels in 2 years... I gave 4 exams one year and 6 the next. So in the first year A* wasn't introduced...
Yeah I'm taking SATs, taken IELTS already...
I gave my O levels in 2 years... I gave 4 exams one year and 6 the next. So in the first year A* wasn't introduced...
Yeah I'm taking SATs, taken IELTS already...

lol i just found out that we were also chatting on the other thread! the university of hong kong one :tongue:

icic then the 5A is really not bad. good luck for your application!:wink:
lol i just found out that we were also chatting on the other thread! the university of hong kong one :tongue:

icic then the 5A is really not bad. good luck for your application!:wink:

lol yeah! :tongue:

thanks. good luck to you too. Tell me when you get a response. :wink:
Who is doing fast track? Quote me if you are!
Original post by niccypiccy
Who is doing fast track? Quote me if you are!

I applied for fast track! Have you received any news yet?
Worst Admissions Services staff. Ever!
Worst Admissions Services staff. Ever!

Tell me about it! I've sent them several e-mails and haven't received any replies! :s-smilie:
Original post by yahyahyahs
You are such an ignorant douche - google HK's political and legal system, plus the acronym SAR.

Original post by LysFromParis
Again you know that law system in HK is distinct from main land China ? You should read some books before making such kind of comment.

Original post by wildrover
No, I wouldn't visit any country were I couldn't expect a fair trial or be in fear of voicing my opinion.

Original post by jakemittle
So if a place hasnt got the same human rights as the UK you wont go to it..okay thats good, least it saves some places for the people who wanna go

Original post by shimamura
I'm completely unconcerned by china's human rights record. I know many people in Hong Kong who live lives just as free as people in the west

Original post by LysFromParis
You now that HK has it's own government and legal system actually ?

Original post by wildrover
Fantastic place for human rights.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tangent
Original post by ExplorerMF
Tell me about it! I've sent them several e-mails and haven't received any replies! :s-smilie:

last year when i was applying through non-JUPAS, i sent them an email on 27 september, 2010. they replied me on 11th november, 2010. so be patient :biggrin:

btw i was originally not valid to be a non-JUPAS candidate last year. so i negotiated with them for half a year and finally my application became valid on june 2011. still didnt get in. anyway this taught be a lesson that hku admin officers are bastards. they just withhold your application / email for a long time and some dont even reply =.=
last year when i was applying through non-JUPAS, i sent them an email on 27 september, 2010. they replied me on 11th november, 2010. so be patient :biggrin:

btw i was originally not valid to be a non-JUPAS candidate last year. so i negotiated with them for half a year and finally my application became valid on june 2011. still didnt get in. anyway this taught be a lesson that hku admin officers are bastards. they just withhold your application / email for a long time and some dont even reply =.=

Wat thaaaa faaaaaccck! :eek:
:mad:

Btw i've sent my documents today :P
And r u re-applying then?
Wat thaaaa faaaaaccck! :eek:
:mad:

Btw i've sent my documents today :P
And r u re-applying then?

hk ppl are very hardworking, but the admision officers in hk are just exceptionally lazy :frown:
yeah i am a reapplicant but using a different scheme. so basically i'll not be competiting with u :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending