The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Great. They take forever to fill out!

Small question, how do i fill it out if i did take a loan out last year for the whole year, but dropped out in July (as i'm staying to the end) and have a firm unconditional place next year at another uni for another course. Or is this the sort of question i should take to a student support office?
Thank you so much. :smile:
Reply 3
It logs me out when I click 'I want to apply for support now' :mad: what's the matter with it?
Reply 4
thanks!

arrgh! filling things in by hand :p:

oh :eek:
Reply 5
nice, better get the pen out!

regards
--marty
Reply 6
gianthead
It logs me out when I click 'I want to apply for support now' :mad: what's the matter with it?

here's why:

"Apply online for 2006/07 from mid April and you could win an iPod!
Everyone who applies online for 2006/07 student support between April and July is automatically entered into a prize draw to win one of six iPod Nano music players! Online applications will be available from mid April."

regards
--marty
Reply 7
xavier2k3
here's why:
"Apply online for 2006/07 from mid April and you could win an iPod!
Everyone who applies online for 2006/07 student support between April and July is automatically entered into a prize draw to win one of six iPod Nano music players! Online applications will be available from mid April."
that's a darned funny way of saying: "forms aren't available til mid-April" :wink: Why did it log me out instead of bringing up a screen saying that the forms wouldn't be ready til then and why not try a paper one? oh well :biggrin:

what the heck am I supposed to want with an ipod I didn't ask for? :p:
Hey, i have a question, please dont shout at me if it's a stupid question, lol. What relevance does my parent's household income have to my applying for student loans/grants etc? it's just that my parents dont intend to assist my university at all and as far as they're concerned i'm on my own.
Reply 9
indeed, they assume for no reason that parents are going to help pay. which means if your parents earn £50 and aren't going to pay anything, you're sunk cos you'll get hardly anything.
Reply 10
Can I assume my LEA will send me a hard copy automatically, as they did last year?

Also, where will they send it to - my parents, or my current address?
do you have to apply every year or once for the whole course?
PQ
Every year
*************** :frown: Oh well.

thanks PQ
Is it ok to print the form out in black and white? Cheers
Reply 14
Kunster1337
Is it ok to print the form out in black and white? Cheers

yeh, actually is that ok? my printer is low on color ink and the greens in the form dont come out fully.

regards
--marty
dunno about the ink, perhaps PQ will know

what documents, if any, do we have to send with the form and will photocopies do?
how long does it take by post? cos I don't want to be without my passport for long :p:
Christ, that form is a shocker :eek: I still don't understand most of it, even after reading through the guidance notes.

I've done a gap year, and my place was confirmed before 1st August last year. Can I send them the UCAS letter I got after results day, or do I need to dig out the one when I initially got my offer in December or whenever it was ?
Reply 18
lutionium
Hey, i have a question, please dont shout at me if it's a stupid question, lol. What relevance does my parent's household income have to my applying for student loans/grants etc? it's just that my parents dont intend to assist my university at all and as far as they're concerned i'm on my own.

In my opinion that is the fundamental problem in the system. Part of the governments justification for introducing top-up fees is that graduates earn more, and so can afford to pay it back. So why are some students on low incomes subsidised for these? Of course they should be loaned the money, but when they graduate they should be in the same boat as everyone else.

My apologies if I have any innacuracies in this post, I am already at uni and so top-up fees will not affect me, although they will affect my brother and sister.
PQ
It need to be the initial December letter.

Anything dated after 1st August doesn't count:rolleyes:

....cue sixteen hours of searching through old bits of paper. If I can't find it, Bristol had better be able to get me a letter saying that it was all sorted in time.

Latest

Trending

Trending