The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Pretty Boy
Its disgusting to think about semen/penis in a girls mouth from another guy.

Thats whats so bad.

An you know, its not a nice thought to imagine your girl in that position with another guy or even guys.

so that means that you wouldnt let your girl perform oral on you unless you were going to marry her?!
munchkin18
i do agree, it is different for guys and it probably always will be. as much as we think society has changed, we cannot change mens opinions of women. but to a certain extent i do think it's worse to be a sexually promiscuous girl than a sexually promiscuous guy

At last. Someone who sees the reality of the situation. propz!

Apricot is right, things are changing these days, but not completely and a girl that sleeps around will still be frowned upon.:wink:
munchkin18
i do agree, it is different for guys and it probably always will be. as much as we think society has changed, we cannot change mens opinions of women. but to a certain extent i do think it's worse to be a sexually promiscuous girl than a sexually promiscuous guy

Why?

We can change men's opinions of women, simply by expecting no less of them than they expect of us. I think most guys, whilst not wanting to go out with someone who's been with loads of random guys, are willing to accept that everyone has a past, and that men and women are equal in this.

It's people like you that allow people like PB to get away with having such abhorrent views. By accepting that it's ok for guys to shag around but it's not ok for us to, I don't think you're respecting yourself.
munchkin18
so that means that you wouldnt let your girl perform oral on you unless you were going to marry her?!

Nooooo. I am a guy after all!

Its her responsibiltiy what she does.
Pretty Boy

Apricot is right, things are changing these days, but not completely and a girl that sleeps around will still be frowned upon.:wink:

well exactly. but i dont like boys who have slept around either! :p:
Pretty Boy

Well I frown upon guys who sleep around, and so do most of my friends.

PB, if you sleep around, you're going to have a hard time finding one of these "nice girls" you talk about, because most nice girls would expect better from a guy than you would be able to give.
Reply 106
munchkin18
well exactly. but i dont like boys who have slept around either! :p:

Which means that your views are consistent and logically defensible. :biggrin:
Apricot Fairy
Why?

We can change men's opinions of women, simply by expecting no less of them than they expect of us. I think most guys, whilst not wanting to go out with someone who's been with loads of random guys, are willing to accept that everyone has a past, and that men and women are equal in this.

It's people like you that allow people like PB to get away with having such abhorrent views. By accepting that it's ok for guys to shag around but it's not ok for us to, I don't think you're respecting yourself.

hmm, i can see what youre saying, but ultimately i don't think things have changed enough. i dont like people sleeping around in general. and i respect myself way too much to have sex with someone i wasn't in love with. at the end of the day i think sex still has different meanings for men and women.
Apricot Fairy
Why?

Come on apricot. you're not being fair. Its in the 'male psyche' (for a lotta guys, not sayin all guys) to hate the thought of their girl with another guy.

Besides, you dont shag around and nor do you seem to want to, so whats ur problem.

Why do you wanna sleep around like guys or even be like them? We're not a great bunch to copy !

Munchkin is just bein realistic about it
Pretty Boy
Nooooo. I am a guy after all!

Its her responsibiltiy what she does.

hmm, so you are a hypocrite!
Apricot Fairy
Well I frown upon guys who sleep around, and so do most of my friends.

PB, if you sleep around, you're going to have a hard time finding one of these "nice girls" you talk about, because most nice girls would expect better from a guy than you would be able to give.

I'm hoping my wonderful personality will shine through!:wink:
munchkin18
hmm, i can see what youre saying, but ultimately i don't think things have changed enough. i dont like people sleeping around in general. and i respect myself way too much to have sex with someone i wasn't in love with. at the end of the day i think sex still has different meanings for men and women.

Only because of people like you and PB perpetuating these beliefs. Why should we accept something which is so clearly sexist and wrong?
Pretty Boy
Come on apricot. you're not being fair. Its in the 'male psyche' (for a lotta guys, not sayin all guys) to hate the thought of their girl with another guy.

Besides, you dont shag around and nor do you seem to want to, so whats ur problem.

Why do you wanna sleep around like guys or even be like them? We're not a great bunch to copy !

Munchkin is just bein realistic about it

You're talking absolute rubbish. Excuses, excuses. It's not in the "male psyche" to hate the idea of their girlfriend with someone else any more than it's in the "female psyche" for women to feel the same way about their boyfriends.
Apricot Fairy
Only because of people like you and PB perpetuating these beliefs. Why should we accept something which is so clearly sexist and wrong?

because at the moment that's just how the world works
munchkin18
hmm, so you are a hypocrite!

Come on. I know its not fair lol. But I'm a guy - I have needs, lol.

But you know, its HER choice and a good girl will make good choices and I will respect her for it.
Pretty Boy
I'm hoping my wonderful personality will shine through!:wink:

Please tell me that's a joke....
Reply 116
munchkin18
i dont like people sleeping around in general.

PB, this is the difference between you and Munchkin. I don't think Fairy would have such a problem with you if you thought girls who slept around were evil, going to hell etc etc, so long as you thought the same about guys. Your views are just by definition sexist. And while you are entitled to have them, she is entitled to argue against them and to dislike them.

EDIT - she probably would mind less if you just admitted you were a hypocrite instead of resorting to 'it's just the way men are'. If you think all men are therefore hypocrites, ssay so.

Oh and can you please have a look at my argument near the bottom of page 4 which you may have missed, I'm interested to know what is wrong with it. (Which there must be from your point of view given the conclusion! )
Pretty Boy
Come on. I know its not fair lol. But I'm a guy - I have needs, lol.

But you know, its HER choice and a good girl will make good choices and I will respect her for it.

But a good girl will never respect you, so you're never going to get what you want.

Girls have "needs" as much as guys, so there really is no difference, and nice girls will not go out with chauvinists who pretend that there is a difference in order to make it ok for them to shag around.
munchkin18

Exactly. Dont blame me. Its just how things are.

I'm just the only one that doesnt mind gettin bad repped for sayin it:smile:
munchkin18

That doesn't make it right...

At the moment millions of people worldwide are starving. Are we supposed to say, "Oh well, that's the way the world works. Rich people wouldn't be rich if the poor weren't poor...."?

Latest

Trending

Trending