The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3860
Original post by Gallium
i don't think it's impossible at all! i've been through phases where i'm eating little and still gain weight, while other periods i'm eating a ton and don't gain **** all....obvv this is short term and not sustained for a long period of time.

Original post by Michael XYZ
The whole idea is that it's calories used vs. intake.

Weighing yourself is obviously never exactly correct though but of course if you eat 7000 calories and you need 3000 to maintain then it's obvious you will gain weight if you are not Michael Phelps...

Also muscle weighs more than fat. Therefore if one is eating loads while not training and not gaining weight they are most likely losing muscle and putting on fat. That can easily be done. Happened to me when I did go gym. I was never fat but had a lot of fat that I didn't even realise was there if you know what I mean.
Yes but you don't lose muscle in 1 week.
Original post by GQ.
Thanks a lot man. That's some awesome info.

Well I've been a bit stupid haven't really treated it. So I'll get some ice now and go get some of that gel.

It hurt one day after the gym. But I could bend my thumb into my palm (with a bit of pain mind) but I guess continuing to train hasn't helped.

PRSOM

that's some awesome sig gif :awesome: will rep on sight
Reply 3863
Yes but you don't lose muscle in 1 week.

Missed that part
patellar tendonitis rearing its head, sat with an ice pack on knees... perhaps I should start doing those stretches RedButHotter suggested :colondollar:
bros what to do, my lifts all need resetting big time! failed to deadlfit 150 today well got 2 reps ;(, everything either regressing or stalling except bench which is going up very slowly.

thing is in 4 weeks i won't even be training consistently, so resetting will be quite pointless

i didn't take a week off, what i did was take 4 days off for two consecutive weeks, as in went light on friday sessions for 2 weeks.

weighed in at 166lbs so still gaining weight.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Gallium
bros what to do, my lifts all need resetting big time! failed to deadlfit 150 today well got 2 reps ;(, everything either regressing or stalling except bench which is going up very slowly.

thing is in 4 weeks i won't even be training consistently, so resetting will be quite pointless

i didn't take a week off, what i did was take 4 days off for two consecutive weeks, as in went light on friday sessions for 2 weeks.

1. You seem to have answered your own question in the first sentence.

2. Why did you take off 8 days in 14 days? (If I understood what you said correctly)

3. Hard to say what you should do as I don't know how you are programming your lifting but, sure, take a 10% reset or something and work back up.
1. You seem to have answered your own question in the first sentence.

2. Why did you take off 8 days in 14 days? (If I understood what you said correctly)

3. Hard to say what you should do as I don't know how you are programming your lifting but, sure, take a 10% reset or something and work back up.

monk was saying he usually takes 4 days off insted of a whole week, so that's what i did,

i guess a 10% reset will have to be done, i'll just up the bro work to keep shiz fun, some guy i know from gym has got his total from 450-550 in the space of 6 months! was telling em he went from a 150-190kg squat but his deadlfit only went up from 190 to 205
Original post by Gallium

For 150 , where exactly did you fail , at the start or lock out ?
What is your lifting structure like ?
Original post by Gallium
monk was saying he usually takes 4 days off insted of a whole week, so that's what i did,

i guess a 10% reset will have to be done, i'll just up the bro work to keep shiz fun, some guy i know from gym has got his total from 450-550 in the space of 6 months! was telling em he went from a 150-190kg squat but his deadlfit only went up from 190 to 205

Are you still on SS ?
Original post by liftorrot
For 150 , where exactly did you fail , at the start or lock out ?
What is your lifting structure like ?

couldn't even get it off the floor, probs jsut due to lack of sleep, medicore diet and general fatigue.

nope not on ss anymore, going to start texas method properly when i get the chance to reset my lifts.
Original post by Gallium
couldn't even get it off the floor, probs jsut due to lack of sleep, medicore diet and general fatigue.

nope not on ss anymore, going to start texas method properly when i get the chance to reset my lifts.

What stuff do you take beside whey/ creatine ?
Original post by liftorrot
What stuff do you take beside whey/ creatine ?

cocaine.
Reply 3873
Started squatting below parallel recently and using a wider stance than before. Got what feels like either a bit of a strain around my Iliacus or Psoas on my right, I think; possibly the TFL. Also feels like slight bruising on my iliac crest, though nothing is visible. I read that it can be down to the pinching of those muscles by the hip.

Anyone else ever had anything like this?
Reply 3874
Original post by Gallium
bros what to do, my lifts all need resetting big time!

Do a deload week?
Original post by Mr. Fox
Tesco Finest Channel Islands Milk - 88p/litre. Amazing. Cheaper than most organic whole/semi/skimmed milk...gonna be drinking gallons of the stuff.

The cornershop near my house does 2 litres for a quid :cool:
Original post by Tabris
Started squatting below parallel recently and using a wider stance than before. Got what feels like either a bit of a strain around my Iliacus or Psoas on my right, I think; possibly the TFL. Also feels like slight bruising on my iliac crest, though nothing is visible. I read that it can be down to the pinching of those muscles by the hip.

Anyone else ever had anything like this?

a while back i changed to a wider stance and pushed my knees out a ton, squatting was great for a month, then all of a sudden i'd get sharp pains while squatting felt like something was pinched, after a bit of research i realized it was my TFL, simply started to squat more narrow and not force my knees out anymore then they need to be.
Guys, guys! I finally figured out the secret to getting strong and it's all thanks for Clarence Kennedy!

Q: How the hell did you get that strong man. I keep tryin, bit the only thing that's increasing for sure is my age. Lol.

A: Its easy, Just go to the gym!
Guys, guys! I finally figured out the secret to getting strong and it's all thanks for Clarence Kennedy!

Q: How the hell did you get that strong man. I keep tryin, bit the only thing that's increasing for sure is my age. Lol.

A: Its easy, Just go to the gym!

I reckon jumping would help. The really strong guys who are light all have in common that they do lots of jumping. Saying that their genetics make them good jumpers and it is the same genetics that make them good lifters while being light.

But maybe start doing some more box jumps Mikey boy.
Original post by Gallium
a while back i changed to a wider stance and pushed my knees out a ton, squatting was great for a month, then all of a sudden i'd get sharp pains while squatting felt like something was pinched, after a bit of research i realized it was my TFL, simply started to squat more narrow and not force my knees out anymore then they need to be.

narrow stance is where it's at :cool: clarence style

Latest