The Student Room Group

Girls: Boyfriend tells you he thinks another girl is more attractive than you

My boyfriend told me that he knows one a girl who he thinks is more attractive than me however he says she is way out of his league.

I know that my boyfriend will find other girls more attractive than me but the fact that he told me this, kinda hurt me :/ am I just overreacting or would you feel hurt if your boyfriend said this to you?

Scroll to see replies

Telling your girlfriend that another girl is out of your league is one of the worst things you could say to her. Crazy!
Original post by Anonymous
My boyfriend told me that he knows one a girl who he thinks is more attractive than me however he says she is way out of his league.

I know that my boyfriend will find other girls more attractive than me but the fact that he told me this, kinda hurt me :/ am I just overreacting or would you feel hurt if your boyfriend said this to you?

You're not over-reacting, it's disrespectful.

Nice way to damage someone's confidence. My honest opinion is that he sounds like a loser.
Reply 3
It's one thing to think that - it's not like everybody only gets with the most attractive woman they can find, otherwise most people would stay single forever - but to tell you in particular was incredibly tactless.
Reply 4
Never understood why so many guys seem to say this.

I really hate it when people say that...a guy said that to me, when I was friends with a girl and we ate at lunch together at work...He wanted to switch lunches and I said no, i want to go on lunch with her.
He said "she's out of your league" in an annoyed way.

No-one should be out of anyone's league, if you get on with someone then it's only the two people who are in the relationship's opinion that matters.

Now you probably deserve alot better than him
Your boyfriend is tactless. You aren't overreacting that was a really horrible thing to say.

And I also agree with the person above me. This "league" nonsense irritates me.
Reply 7
my boyfriend wouldn't dare say that lol and if he did, i'd be long gone, obviously there's always gonna b more attractive people than you no matter how good looking you are but you need to respect your partner and not demean them by saying such things!..it's well out of order! i wouldn't say to him, that guys well hotter than you, he's out my league though so why should he say that to me?
personally i wouldnt, but i like girls so we compare our opinions on them

but if i were straight id be PISSED. he'll have to make it up to you, i suggest a shopping trip :wink:
xx
Reply 9
Your boyfriend needs to learn a few simple lessons...
That's just wrong.

Of course, regardless of his own personal taste, a guy might be with one girl and know that objectively speaking, Miranda Kerr is more attractive. But even THEN he shouldn't say it, even if you both know he'd never be with her.
What benefit does it bring? You don't point to the fact that an ex was taller, better in bed or had a bigger dick than he does (I hope!).
It makes matters worse that he points out how he'd never have a shot with her. It implies that he's "settled" with you and is unappreciative of both your looks and personality to an extent where he'd be with someone else if he had the option. He sounds like an ungrateful bastard.
Reply 11
wow...crazy
Reply 12
:s-smilie: I really don;t think that is a big deal, I don't see the problem with them saying they find someone physically more attractive. They are with you for a reason, and Im sure he finds you more attractive as an all round package.
Original post by redferry
:s-smilie: I really don;t think that is a big deal, I don't see the problem with them saying they find someone physically more attractive. They are with you for a reason, and Im sure he finds you more attractive as an all round package.

But defining it as a 'league' which another girl is 'above', surely you'd conclude that given the choice, this person would rather be with this other girl in the higher 'league'?
That is completely out of order, you should tell him it hurt you though otherwise he'll have no idea he's even done anything wrong. How long have you been together? A similar thing happened with my boyfriend when we had only been together a few weeks, I told him it hurt me and he seemed to feel bad and said sorry. Since then we've fallen in love and he's never again made me feel inferior to other girls.
Reply 15
^^^^ yep. if you say that someone is out of your league that's basically saying that you are seeing them as a potential person to get with not just someone attractive? so obviously that's a bad thing to say because then your gf/bf will feel hurt as you're seeing someone else in that way..you're thinking of being with someone else and whether you would be able to pull them or not..disrespectful and a tad out of order i say
Original post by little_wizard123
But defining it as a 'league' which another girl is 'above', surely you'd conclude that given the choice, this person would rather be with this other girl in the higher 'league'?

That's how I'd see it, like he's complaining about the fact he'll never be with her because she's so much more attractive than him, but he'll make do with you. That's not to say that's what he actually meant though, considering we don't know the context, it could have just been a stupid and tactless remark that came out wrong. Either way OP you should tell him it made you feel bad or he'll just carry on thinking it's fine to say things like that. If that doesn't work, talk about guys that are hotter than him!
Reply 17
That is completely out of order, you should tell him it hurt you though otherwise he'll have no idea he's even done anything wrong. How long have you been together? A similar thing happened with my boyfriend when we had only been together a few weeks, I told him it hurt me and he seemed to feel bad and said sorry. Since then we've fallen in love and he's never again made me feel inferior to other girls.

we've only been together a few weeks as well
we've only been together a few weeks as well

In that case I'd just tell him how it made you feel, give him a chance to right things and see what happens. Hopefully things will improve but if he keeps hurting you like this then I'd say he's not worth your time.
OP your boyfriend is an idiot, no offense.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending