The Student Room Group

How many sexual partners

Something that happened at work today got me thinking. Basically there were 6 of us having lunch together (all female) and one was saying about a guy she had pulled last weekend. This made one of the others ask her how many people she had slept with and she answered 23. This caused shock among 3 of the group who seemed to think it was a massive amount with 1 saying she had only slept with 2 people and another saying she could count on 1 hand.

Me and another girl kept quite quiet after that but I didnt think it was all that many. I had a private word with the other girl that had been quiet later and turned out she hadnt said anything because she was 'just into double figures'.

My total is more than 23 and Ive never thought that was a particularly big number. Im questioning that after today so would appreciate some views from here.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Depends how old you are...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah definitely depends how old you are but personally I think 23 is pretty impressive!

Posted from TSR Mobile
im 22 and slept with 1. I want it to stay like that tbh.

I would consider 23 a lot...wouldnt put me off, but it is a lot.

If I liked someone enough it wouldnt put me off being with them, but thats why I never want to know my boyfriends number !
(edited 10 years ago)
I read a survey once that said lifetime average is ~10. So. Um. Make of that what you will.

Mine is 38. I wonder if anyone will neg me for enjoying sex? :P
Although I haven't had sex in about a month now. Been off it because of exams.

(Quick FAQ: Yes, I am capable of being in loving relationships. No, I don't have any STDs. No, I've never been pregnant. No, I don't have trust/commitment/daddy issues. Yes, I do have self respect.)
Reply 5
7 but wish it was 1 - I know friends who have no thoughts about sex other than as a challenge and so are on over 30 easily...

I guess it is way different for guys and girls though.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Something that happened at work today got me thinking. Basically there were 6 of us having lunch together (all female) and one was saying about a guy she had pulled last weekend. This made one of the others ask her how many people she had slept with and she answered 23. This caused shock among 3 of the group who seemed to think it was a massive amount with 1 saying she had only slept with 2 people and another saying she could count on 1 hand.

Me and another girl kept quite quiet after that but I didnt think it was all that many. I had a private word with the other girl that had been quiet later and turned out she hadnt said anything because she was 'just into double figures'.

My total is more than 23 and Ive never thought that was a particularly big number. Im questioning that after today so would appreciate some views from here.

I'm not saying it rudely, but 23 really is a lot, irrespective of age.
Reply 7
Original post by pinkangelgirl
im 22 and slept with 1. I want it to say like that tbh.

I would consider 23 a lot...wouldnt put me off, but it is a lot.

It would put me off...and, again, I don't mean it rudely to those who have slept around a lot, but, for me, it's a sign that no emotional connection is required for sex (and I think it is). I'm a guy, but, even from a girl's perspective, I'd be put off a guy who said he'd slept with 20-30 women...
Reply 8
Original post by ibra456
Depends how old you are...

Posted from TSR Mobile

My friend at work is 25.

When my number was 23 I was age 19 or 20
Depends on how old you are.

I mean if you're 16 and you've slept with 23 people then there's a big problem there but if you're 18+ and you've had quite a few I don't see the issue.

Life is too short to worry about what people think. Some think more than one is too many. Others may think 100 people aint enough.

Each to their own really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Personally I think thats a hell of alot but thats my personal opinion im going to be biased on my own opinion as I dont really agree with sex outside of a loving relationship for me personally I dont disagree with it I dont think your in the wrong/ a bad person who sleeping with 23 people it doesnt define you as who you are. I think as long as you havent cheated/ been part of cheating hurt anybody then its fine you could have slept with 100 people its your choice your life!. Ive only slept with one person and without sounding arragont its not because I couldnt sleep with me I couldnt get guys or have one night stands its just that I chose not too because like I said having sex with the person I love is the turn on for me having it with a strange would be **** and boring for me. But I dont think you should feel bad at all. When you come to settle down some guys will be fine with your numbers and not care others though will have an issue with it. I personally wouldnt date a person with such a high number nut thats because of my personal views on the matter
Reply 11
I don't see why people are saying "it depends how old you are". If you enjoy having sex with multiple partners you can go ahead and do that. Quite frankly it's nobody else's business but your own. This 'slut' shaming culture that we have is really unhealthy.
Reply 12
23 is quite a lot really.Nothing wrong with it though, I wouldnt judge anyone for sleeping with that many people. My number is 4, one of those naturally is my husband.
One

My hand.
Personally, I think that is a really big number, and 'numbers' would be very important to me before I got into a relationship with someone. But it is totally different for everyone. Some people care, others don't. As long as you're happy thats all that matters!
I personally too feel that is too big number and I will also sleep with the person I love and its basically my opinion and I will neither judge anybody doing this because its their life and it ultimately their choice what to do with their life, I am nobody to make a comment on it.
Reply 16
Original post by LordVoldemort1
One

My hand.

lmaoooo sick geeezer
I always find guys bragging about how many girls they have slept with funny. They will proudly announce they have had sex with 15 girls or whatever and think they are awesome. The problem is that for guys to sleep with lots of girls he needs to have low standards. He has to have ****ed quite a few not so pretty girls to achieve such a high number of partners.

I don't see why people are saying "it depends how old you are". If you enjoy having sex with multiple partners you can go ahead and do that. Quite frankly it's nobody else's business but your own. This 'slut' shaming culture that we have is really unhealthy.

Do you know why slut shaming exists?

Why would guys object to girls who have sex with multiple partners. Surely guys should like that because guys like sex so girls who make sex available should be praised surely?
Original post by McMurdo
It would put me off...and, again, I don't mean it rudely to those who have slept around a lot, but, for me, it's a sign that no emotional connection is required for sex (and I think it is). I'm a guy, but, even from a girl's perspective, I'd be put off a guy who said he'd slept with 20-30 women...

Same tbh, don't know if I can trust the girl if she has no qualms with sleeping with that many men. Not an achievement either, it's easier for girls to get sex because of the amount of desperate guys out there.

Also tells me she is bad at rships.

Vice versa with if I was a girl.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by fat_hobbit
Same tbh, don't know if I can trust the girl if she has no qualms with sleeping with new men at that scale.

Vice versa with if I was a girl.

I can agree on that!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending