The Student Room Group

psychology advice

I'm in clearing and have got verbal confirmation from the following unis:Northampton,Hull,Dundee and waiting for plymouth. Not sure which to choose
Well done on getting those offers.

BPS accredited Psychology tends to be really similar wherever you do it, so there's probably not that much to chose between the courses, but here are some things to consider:

Where do you live? Dundee and Plymouth are at basically the oposite ends of Britain. Are you sure you'll be happy living that far away from home? Hull and Northampton are a bit more central, and this is definately a factor to consider. Have you visited any of the cities? Do you like/dislike them? Also, I know this sounds stupid- but the weather will differ massively between Dundee and Plymouth. In Plymouth, there is basically never deep snow, in Dundee, you'll probably get snowed in at some stage, and winters are generally way worse up there.

Have you asked about accomadation? I am pretty sure that Plymouth won't be able to offer you halls- so you would be living in a shared house. I don't think Hull will either- but my info is quite out of date (Based on friends going three years ago). If one of them says they will fit you in halls, this might be a factor to consider. On the other hand, in Plymouth lots of first years live elsewhere (shared houses or halls owned by different companies), so it's not exactly a big deal.

The only place I know in a lot of detail is Plymouth, as I'm pretty local to it, but not for Psychology. For starters, it is a nice city- it's fairly safe, and there are some really nice green spaces close to the city centre. All the university buildings are clustered in a small space- it's not like some city universities where things are really spread out, and it's less than 5 minutes from the city centre. There's some nice bars and clubs near the uni too. It's also close to the beach/the moors, and lots of students take trips out there, if that's something that would appeal to you. The uni has also had a lot of investment recently, and most of the buildings are really nice (inside, anyway, the outside is probably a matter of taste). Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions about Plymouth and I'll do my best to ask them.

Does any of that help? When do you have to decide by?
Reply 2
It does help. I need to reply as soon as I can. I don't mind the distance as I wouldn't be going home regularly. For Plymouth you are guaranteed student acc , Hull send they'll send me a package
I'm glad I could help. Hopefully you make a choice you are happy with. It's always going to be a difficult choice, so hopefully you can find something to help you chose between your offers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending