The Student Room Group

Flowers to say sorry to girlfriend?

Today me and my girlfriend had a fairly big fight and she got very upset. It was both of our faults but more mine, so I was thinking about getting her some flowers to say sorry next time I see her which is some time in the next few days.

Is this a good idea?
What kind?
How many?

Thanks for any help.

Scroll to see replies

That's so very lovely.

I love tulips personally, especially pink ones but honestly the flower doesn't matter, it's the thought that counts :smile:

I wish my boyfriend would buy me flowers :sad:
There are certain flowers that specifically mean you are sorry, in the 'language of flowers' apparently :

http://www.ehow.com/list_6570688_flowers-mean-sorry.html

Most people like roses, and tulips are nice too :smile:
Reply 3
That is such a nice idea. :smile:
The type of flowers really won't matter but tulips are nice! :biggrin:
You could ask TSR or you could just go to a florists and ask them. They know about this sort of thing you know.
Reply 5
Original post by thunder_chunky
You could ask TSR or you could just go to a florists and ask them. They know about this sort of thing you know.

Or I could do both?! No need for the sarcasm :smile:
Reply 6
Lilies are also beautiful and they smell gorgeous :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Or I could do both?! No need for the sarcasm :smile:

Why don't you just go straight to the source? As in a florist. It would save time and trust me, the more time you save the better. The quicker you get the flowers and deliver them the better.
Reply 8
Why don't you just go straight to the source? As in a florist. It would save time and trust me, the more time you save the better. The quicker you get the flowers and deliver them the better.

Because it's 1 am and I doubt many florists are open.
Because it's 1 am and I doubt many florists are open.

I didn't mean now. TSR advice is limited/
Here's some advice, no petrol station flowers and no supermarket flowers. Flowers from a street stall or proper florists is the biz.
Reply 10
I didn't mean now. TSR advice is limited/
Here's some advice, no petrol station flowers and no supermarket flowers. Flowers from a street stall or proper florists is the biz.

Okay, but it wouldn't really save time to not ask on here, so I might as well.
They would be quite a bit more expensive wouldn't they? I'm a poor student :redface:
Okay, but it wouldn't really save time to not ask on here, so I might as well.
They would be quite a bit more expensive wouldn't they? I'm a poor student :redface:

Honestly, if you made her a dandelion chain from the local park it would still be just as special as a bouquet of roses from a florist. Girls are easily pleased :smile:
Reply 12
sucker..
Does she like flowers? Not all girls are into them.
whatever you end up getting her she will just be really happy that you were thinking of her

Posted from TSR Mobile
You don't need to spend too much money. Make sure what you say to her conveys your apology more than the flowers, or you risk it just becoming a "gesture" rather than you actually being sorry.
Reply 16
Flowers are nice. Actually being sorry is more important.
Original post by frappe framboise
That's so very lovely.

I love tulips personally, especially pink ones but honestly the flower doesn't matter, it's the thought that counts :smile:

I wish my boyfriend would buy me flowers :sad:

The idea of getting the flowers is lovely but the reason not. Apology flowers don't give the same vibe as 'Oh I was thinking of you and got you these...'

OP: Depending on how much you're willing to spend
White roses with lilies give a wonderful white bouquet
Purple tulips and white alstromeria
both are great combinations :smile:
Original post by TreeOfKnowledge
The idea of getting the flowers is lovely but the reason not. Apology flowers don't give the same vibe as 'Oh I was thinking of you and got you these...'

OP: Depending on how much you're willing to spend
White roses with lilies give a wonderful white bouquet
Purple tulips and white alstromeria
both are great combinations :smile:

Not white lilies! They're typical funeral flowers... :s-smilie:
Original post by frappe framboise
Not white lilies! They're typical funeral flowers... :s-smilie:

You are right about white lilies. Giving them could be the death of your relationship!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending