The Student Room Group

would you date someone diabled

I mean like in a wheel chair or missing a limb or blind you know things like that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No.

Sorry to be blunt
Reply 2
I'd give an arm and a leg to.
Reply 3
I probably wouldn't if I met them when they were disabled but I would stay with someone who became disabled whilst I was with them.
Reply 4
I don't think I would be able to build my own attraction up enough to be interested from the start.

However if I was with a girl I truly loved/had strong feelings for and she was in an accident thus lost a leg or arm or something like I would stick by her...guys that wouldn't (if the reason is she now looks different) are ****ing pathetic.
Reply 6
Personally, I don't know, maybe, maybe not. But I do have a good friend who is disabled (wheelchair) he has never had a date or romantic female attention in his life. Women see him as a curiosity rather then as a romantic candidate.
Reply 7
Not for first gf simply because I'm known for having no gf so people would assume that I got desperate/that was the best I could do etc. For subsequent gfs I dunno maybe can't really say unless you're in that situation.
hahaha "dlabled" what the hell??
Original post by Huskaris
I probably wouldn't if I met them when they were disabled but I would stay with someone who became disabled whilst I was with them.
If she couldn't participate in sexual activity anymore then do you think you'd find it easy enough to cope by bonding in other areas?
(edited 10 years ago)
If I liked them sure, I certainly wouldn't actively decide not to date anyone with a disability.
The lack of ability to spell isn't a disability OP. I think you mean "disabled" not "diabled"
I have a feeling that disabled people have slightly lower standards, kind of like how supermarkets sell tins of beans that got a little bit dented at a discount, so yeah I think I definitely would.
Everyone will say no to be blunt
Original post by Multitalented me
If she couldn't participate in sexual activity anymore then do you think you'd find it easy enough to cope by bonding in other areas?

I know this isn't for me to answer but I'd like to add what my husband has said. There had been times I can't participate in sexual activity due to disability but my husband has always said cuddles and generally being together means more to him than the ability to have sex.

Posted from TSR Mobile
dont kno really-if i cared 4 them enough then yh but generally no
I'm disabled myself and due to the level of care I require I probably wouldn't as it wouldn't be fair and probably wouldn't work either
Probably not :erm:
Original post by donutaud15
I know this isn't for me to answer but I'd like to add what my husband has said. There had been times I can't participate in sexual activity due to disability but my husband has always said cuddles and generally being together means more to him than the ability to have sex.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's completely fair enough, the main thing is the both of you are happy together :smile:
I would stay with my boyfriend if something happened to him, but I wouldn't start dating someone new who was severely disabled. Having grown up with a quadriplegic uncle, I know how much effort my grandmother put in every day just to help him get out of bed, shower, and eat. There was more to it than that as well; she created a schedule and essentially lived her life for her disabled son, and was unable to do a lot for herself or her husband. Essentially, her life was dedicated to her son who had an accident when he was 19 years old - he then moved home from Uni and lived with (and was taken care of by) my grandparents for the remaining 25 years of his life.

I would absolutely be willing to do the same as my grandmother and dedicate my life to a husband or child if the circumstances arose, however, I would not actively choose to get into a serious relationship with someone for whom this has already happened. I know that may sound selfish, but as a human, I need to look out for myself and my family over someone I am just getting to know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending