The Student Room Group

Saying no to him again?

I met the brother of a distant friend at a party and since he's been messaging me, saying that he likes me and asking me out to various places. I've told him I'm not interested, and he's accepted that and told me he still wants to be friends.
He'll message me a few times a day, asking how I am etc, which I ignore until I feel really guilty, then I give in and reply. We'll have quite long conversations which is nice but I feel like I'm just making small talk - I don't feel any interest in him.
Since I told him I wasn't interested he's asked me out again, just as friends, and I've said no. I feel like the most awful person in the world for saying no to seeing him as a friend - am I really that horrible?
As for 'just giving it a try', he's my friend's brother, two years younger than me and we have nothing in common...
I'm not really close enough to my friend (his sister) to talk to her about it either.

I've carried on talking to him (as politely as I can) on Facebook because it's the only thing I can think of to do, but I just end up turning him down whenever he asks. This makes things awkward yet he still talks to me and I just feel worse and worse every time. I've made it perfectly clear that I'm not interested - what can I do? Am I such a horrible person for turning him down 'as a friend'?

Thanks!
Nope, things like this can feel really uncomfortable. Can't you just block him on chat or avoid him until it goes away?

Yes, my usual solution to problems is "ignore it until it goes away".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending