The Student Room Group

Applying to Uni Independently

Hi,

I am having a gap year and currently doing my uni application. My form tutor is going to complete my reference for me.

Just wondering if anyone knows if your whole application has to be completed before they can attach the reference or can they still attach it before the other sections are complete?

Reply 1
Original post by jsea
Hi,

I am having a gap year and currently doing my uni application. My form tutor is going to complete my reference for me.

Just wondering if anyone knows if your whole application has to be completed before they can attach the reference or can they still attach it before the other sections are complete?

You enter your form tutor's details and they'll be emailed with login details to complete your reference. As soon as they complete the reference you can send off your UCAS application. I also applied independently.
Want to know this too
Reply 3
Can you get hold of your previous institutions buzzword? That's what I did :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Mikkie
You enter your form tutor's details and they'll be emailed with login details to complete your reference. As soon as they complete the reference you can send off your UCAS application. I also applied independently.

Thanks but once they complete the reference can you still complete other sections?
Reply 5
Original post by jsea
Thanks but once they complete the reference can you still complete other sections?

Yes. A reference doesn't finalise your application until you personally submit it yourself and pay the fee. You cannot view the completed reference, only see that it has been completed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending