The Student Room Group

I just did something romantic.

For the last few nights now I've been in the library until the early hours of the morning, and every day this gawwwwwgeous girl has been there. When she went out for a break I bought a coke and some wine gums for her and left it on her desk. I had pre-planned this and I was worried that she'd be creeped out by it. I finished my assignment two hours ago, but i've waited until she left her desk to do this. She came back, she laughed, she was drinking the coke and she's opening the wine-gums while I type. What the hell do I do now? I hope that she'll be here tomorrow so I can do the same thing again.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DavidSilvaMCFC
For the last few nights now I've been in the library until the early hours of the morning, and every day this gawwwwwgeous girl has been there. When she went out for a break I bought a coke and some wine gums for her and left it on her desk. I had pre-planned this and I was worried that she'd be creeped out by it. I finished my assignment two hours ago, but i've waited until she left her desk to do this. She came back, she laughed, she was drinking the coke and she's opening the wine-gums while I type. What the hell do I do now? I hope that she'll be here tomorrow so I can do the same thing again.

You say hi, talk, and ask for her number.
Reply 2
Smooth, you may have her attention :wink:

You can either introduce yourself tomorrow or do the same thing.
If she sees you looking at her at all just give her a smile back and continue doing your work.

Your choice if you want to keep it going a few days or just go and offer her some wine gums tomorrow and introduce yourself.
I bought a coke and some wine gums for her and left it on her desk.

I finished my assignment two hours ago, but i've waited until she left her desk to do this.

:facepalm2:
Reply 4
Original post by + polarity -

What? That was very sweet!
Original post by + polarity -

To be honest this was my reaction when I sat back down at my desk and it dawned on me on what I had just done. If one of my friends had done this I would have sent him that "HA gayyy!" meme
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
I like it. Smooth mother****er.

Get some banter and sweet talk going there.
Reply 7
To be honest this was my reaction when I sat back down at my desk and it dawned on me on what I had just done. If one of my friends had done this I would have sent him that "HA gayyy!" meme

Nah, don't be pressurised. Such things happen to us all.
Original post by Mr_Vain

Hobbie Stuart! I love that dude :five:

OP, I smiled at your post. Very cute! :h:
Original post by Mr_Vain

He waited 2 hours for a girl to notice a piece of gum

how is that smooth Vain HOW!?!??

Hobbie Stuart is gay, Ive seen him down south london before.
Reply 10
I think this is cute :smile: you should say hi to her

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Watermelone...

Wine Gums. It isn't gum. And it was pre-planned so I had to go through with it. I feel pretty good about it anyway. Things like this are out of my comfort zone.
Reply 12
Original post by Watermelone...

Because at least he is doing something to make the first step. If he approaches her now and is good with the sweet talking he'll be fine. How many guys just do nothing in such situations? Just want to see some love in the world , Vain has a nice side too :redface: .

He's not gay, he's a nice guy, seen him before in Shottingham.
Reply 13
She laughed and drank the coke so she wasn't creeped out and it worked, but you should take advantage of this now and speak to her before she leaves. Don't start doing it whenever you see her in the library because it'll make you seem like a stalker. If you don't manage to get her number tonight, make sure you talk to her the very next time you see her.
Reply 14
Heh, socially awkward citeh fan
Reply 15
oh it was you who left the coke? :teehee:
Mock me all you want! but somehow it worked. I got talking to her and walked with her most of the way home. We live close by. I know her name and where she's from. There's no point in me going to bed now, but even if it comes to nothing now it was worth it. I'm quite proud of myself
Reply 17
Mock me all you want! but somehow it worked. I got talking to her and walked with her most of the way home. We live close by. I know her name and where she's from. There's no point in me going to bed now, but even if it comes to nothing now it was worth it. I'm quite proud of myself

Thats my boy :biggrin: .
Eww, wine gums. Ew coke.

Nice one mate, you gonna see her tomorrow by any chance?? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest