The Student Room Group

People in your late teens/early 20s, do you think you look like an adult?

Scroll to see replies

No, I remember going into the library Uni for the first time in ages and someone asked if I could do their survey about first years, I as like " I'm in my third year :colonhash:". I don't think he believed me, probably thought I was going to weird lengths to get out of doing a poxy survey :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
23. Still get IDd everywhereeee. Even when my 19yo friends don't get IDd, I do. :erm:
Reply 22
Original post by Dust94
As the title asks. I'm just wondering about this.

If you could say your age when you answer, that'd be great :smile:

I'm nearly 20 and I don't really think I do. But what is 'looking adult' exactly?

I don't think I look like an adult, I think I look about 15/16 although I'm 18.
Somtimes I think depending on my hair, clothes etc I can look a bit older but I don't think I ever look 18.
Reply 23
I'm 21 and I don't feel that I look like an adult yet, but when I look at photos of myself from a couple of years ago I can see my face has definitely aged and become more mature in a short space of time. I still get ID'ed most of the time, and people guess I'm a student, which implies I look my age at least!
Hell no. I mean to be fair I'm only 17 but I'm cursed with a baby face (well I say cursed but I'm hoping it'll mean I continue looking younger than I am right through to my thirties).
I'm 17, turning 18 in like 2 months and people still get surprised that I'm in sixth form. However, I'm Asian so I have eternal youth. Hehe.
This is me. I'm 21 next week and I do not feel 21, I don't act it, and apparently I don't look that old. I look a bit older than I did like 2 or 3 years ago, but I feel like i should be about 17/18!

Friends my age speak about moving out, even MARRIAGE! I just feel way too young for any of that yet! I've not even got a girlfriend!

I'm 18 and I look very young, I get ID'ed for everything and people don't believe me when I say how old I am, I don't mind though since I know I will appreciate it in the future. Just have to remember to take ID with me everywhere I go.
Reply 28
I'm 19 and I still get nervous when queuing up at the cinema for a 15-rated film
I'm 22 later this year ... but the weird thing is, when I was a child the bus driver never used to believe my age and often gave me an adult ticket. Now, it's the complete opposite!!! A couple of years ago, I couldn't buy a 15 rated DVD as I had no ID on me. Here in France you rarely ever get ID'd for anything. I've put the Euromillions on a few times here and nobody's batted an eyelid - go back home to the UK, people think I'm under 16! WTF?!
Reply 30
I'm 20, and I probably look about 17/18. Although like it's been said before, I do look older when compared to pictures of me a few years ago :smile:

This is me, aged 16 and 20.

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1395664057.250400.jpg
I'm 19 and without any make-up would say I look my age. With make-up (not that I wear much), I've had people guess between 19 and 21. But I still get ID'd 90% of the time at bars/when buying alcohol.

When I was 13/14 some people used to think I was anything from 18 to 22! :lolwut:
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm 23 and...I think so.

Don't get IDd much anymore and I suppose it depends on how I'm presenting myself. When I was in fulltime work everyone was shocked I was only 19 as I was dressed smartly etc, though when I left to go to college at 21, hardly anyone noticed the gap.
Reply 33
I'm 17 and I think I do but some people think I don't but some people also think i do so... not too sure tbh :redface:
Reply 34
I'm almost 18 and look 15. Don't really see it as a negative thing though to be honest :smile:
Reply 35
I'm 18 but I look about 16 xD
Reply 36
Nope. I'm 22 and I look about 12. Almost no facial hair and still a fair amount of zits. Don't think I'll ever look old tbh!
I'm 19. Generally people guess I am 2-3 years younger than I am, always have; when I was 16 people thought I was 14. The one exception to this is friends of my sister, we look fairly alike so knowing she is nearly 26 they guess I am a couple of years older.

I have a pretty babyish face and am short. As soon as I put on heels, my glasses and a smart dress, I look older :lol:
Reply 38
I'm 21 and 5'7". people probably only think I'm over 16 because I look serious and not very playful.

I don't wear much make up and I've been told that makes me look a bit younger. Also I'm slim and flat-chested and I don't flaunt my body, so people seem to think I'm sexually immature. People would probably guess I was 19 or so, but I could pass for 14 if I tried.
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Yes. I don't even get IDd. People tell me I look about 25

Use less make up it will make you look younger.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending