The Student Room Group

What are my options with only 2 A-levels?

I am doing only 2 A levels (Philosophy and Sociology)
I'm doing them through online distance learning and have dropped the third subject (English literature) because of lack of time and interest.
I know only having two A-levels will limit my possibilities of universities. i'm interested in studying philosophy or psychology through university or some course. What are my options of higher education?
Original post by PineKone
I am doing only 2 A levels (Philosophy and Sociology)
I'm doing them through online distance learning and have dropped the third subject (English literature) because of lack of time and interest.
I know only having two A-levels will limit my possibilities of universities. i'm interested in studying philosophy or psychology through university or some course. What are my options of higher education?

You are very limited with just 2 a-levels.
Cant you do 1 more a-level once you have finished the first 2.
Reply 2
Original post by Emma:-)
You are very limited with just 2 a-levels.
Cant you do 1 more a-level once you have finished the first 2.

Your options are quite limited with just two A levels, you could do one more perhaps? Or you could look at vocational training or apprenticeships?
Original post by Comus
Your options are quite limited with just two A levels, you could do one more perhaps? Or you could look at vocational training or apprenticeships?

Im not the OP who was originally asking the question. But i do agree with you though.
Reply 4
Original post by Emma:-)
Im not the OP who was originally asking the question. But i do agree with you though.

Oh sorry, I'm not sure why I did that; it was directed at the OP.
Reply 5
You'll be in a much better position with 3.
if I was you I would take one more... or atleast something equivalent to an alevel such as a BTEC. Things are more competitive now, after uni, u'll be needing a job; I'm pretty sure having 3 a levels will look a whole lot better on ur cv rather than 2, especially when most people have 3! Don't worry about maybe taking longer than ur peers to get to uni btw, it's all worth it in the end when u get where u want to be!
If you are a mature student, two A Levels may be enough as the entry criteria are different for people aged over 21. In that case, you should email any universities that you are interested in to ask their opinion on your situation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending