The Student Room Group

How do you get rid off someone's crush?

So my bf said he had feelings for someone while in a relationship with me. But he knows nothing of the sort will happen, but I just get really down by it. How can I help to make the situation better? Can my boyfriend lose his feelings completely and just be with me?
Original post by Anonymous
So my bf said he had feelings for someone while in a relationship with me. But he knows nothing of the sort will happen, but I just get really down by it. How can I help to make the situation better? Can my boyfriend lose his feelings completely and just be with me?

You could get the CIA to take him to a black site and brainwash him.

But seriously you can't control how someone feels. Just let him make his mind up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
To be honest I'd be encouraged by the fact that he was open and honest with you about it.

People like to pretend that as soon as they're in a relationship they're completely blinded to anyone else of the opposite sex, but it's just not true. He may have felt attraction to someone else, its not that uncommon, but he still chose to stay with you. Take heart from that OP :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by antipathy
To be honest I'd be encouraged by the fact that he was open and honest with you about it.

People like to pretend that as soon as they're in a relationship they're completely blinded to anyone else of the opposite sex, but it's just not true. He may have felt attraction to someone else, its not that uncommon, but he still chose to stay with you. Take heart from that OP :smile:

Okay and do you know that if its normal for things like that to happen and just subside? I really don't want to lose him.
Okay and do you know that if its normal for things like that to happen and just subside? I really don't want to lose him.

Absolutely, and if he's been talking with you about it then it sounds like he's already written it off and decided to leave it in the past.

I know its easier said than done, but try not to dwell on it too much - insecurity only causes problems in relationships, and he'll feel like you're punishing him for being honest with you.
Reply 5
Original post by antipathy
Absolutely, and if he's been talking with you about it then it sounds like he's already written it off and decided to leave it in the past.

I know its easier said than done, but try not to dwell on it too much - insecurity only causes problems in relationships, and he'll feel like you're punishing him for being honest with you.

I see thanks very much :smile:
I think nearly every real-life crush I've had has subsided. If he's been honest, I don't see why he won't get over it. People don't stop having crushes just because they're in a relationship.
Reply 7
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
I think nearly every real-life crush I've had has subsided. If he's been honest, I don't see why he won't get over it. People don't stop having crushes just because they're in a relationship.

I see.. and how would you distinguish feelings from crush? Same thing? Cos I think they are the same thing. So if my bf developed feelings for someone else, they're likely to go away right soon enough? we're LDR if that helps but see each other every few weeks. I'm just worried that his feelings don't get stronger if he hangs out with this girl...
I see.. and how would you distinguish feelings from crush? Same thing? Cos I think they are the same thing. So if my bf developed feelings for someone else, they're likely to go away right soon enough? we're LDR if that helps but see each other every few weeks. I'm just worried that his feelings don't get stronger if he hangs out with this girl...

I think a crush is more physical, nothing important. Having proper feelings is more than that, in my opinion.

You'll have to ask him what it actually was he felt. If it was merely physical, or emotional. Did he think she was hot, or want to actually date her?
Reply 9
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
I think a crush is more physical, nothing important. Having proper feelings is more than that, in my opinion.

You'll have to ask him what it actually was he felt. If it was merely physical, or emotional. Did he think she was hot, or want to actually date her?

He says he doesn't know.. probably emotional - which is worse I guess :/ He's not one of those who is attracted to people physically. He fell for my personality first then looks.
Don't expect miracles to happen over night. Appreciate the fact that your bf told you about it, that counts for something. Be supportive and just wait and see what happens.
Hire a hitman
He fell for my personality first then looks.

He's probably lying if he said that. It doesn't happen like that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If it's physical then it's nothing. If it's emotional it's more of a cause for concern.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending