The Student Room Group

I'm Gay & Homophobic

Seriously I don't know whats wrong with me. I just hate being around other gay people, I feel awkward and I can't stand that some gay people think that because they're gay they can be slags? It's like what?

Argh I feel so bad because I feel like I should be loving other gay people etc, I mean I can't stand going to the scene etc but living in a smallish rubbish town, unless I explore gay land more i'll never meet someone nice.

It's so hard to explain. It gets me down because I feel like i'm a bad person for feeling like I do.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
lol what an oxymoron.

You're not homophobic you just don't like the sort of gay people you've met so far, i can see what you mean as most gay people i know are definatly man-whores, doesn't mean their all like that though. I guess you'll have to keep on looking
Mebbe it'll be better when you go to uni or get away from home? I completely know what you mean about how annoying the gay scene can be though!
Ooh, that's a bit confusing. I will make no bones about this ; many gay people I know do behave a bit slaggishly (and they'll freely admit it), but not all. Don't be put off by a few. Not all gay people sleep around like so. Even worse, you're limited by your location. I would investigate newspapers or penfriends, maybe even the internet, just to get to know what you like and what you want to look for in someone. Though do be careful, because you never know what's truth and what is not sort of thing.

This feeling won't last. Maybe in your experience everyone you have met is sluttish and this has seriously hindered your trust of them and even yourself. I doubt it'll be like this for long, could be eradicated when you meet someone you DO trust and like.

I hope that makes sense ^^ :frown:
Anonymous
Seriously I don't know whats wrong with me. I just hate being around other gay people, I feel awkward and I can't stand that some gay people think that because they're gay they can be slags? It's like what?

Argh I feel so bad because I feel like I should be loving other gay people etc, I mean I can't stand going to the scene etc but living in a smallish rubbish town, unless I explore gay land more i'll never meet someone nice.

It's so hard to explain. It gets me down because I feel like i'm a bad person for feeling like I do.

That's your problem. :smile: Most gay 'scenes' are ****e. They're just perverted and disgusting. Very few are actually designed for gay people to meet and have a decent relationship. We're following a stereotype, sadly.
Girl_Anachronism
Ooh, that's a bit confusing. I will make no bones about this ; many gay people I know do behave a bit slaggishly (and they'll freely admit it), but not all. Don't be put off by a few. Not all gay people sleep around like so. Even worse, you're limited by your location. I would investigate newspapers or penfriends, maybe even the internet, just to get to know what you like and what you want to look for in someone. Though do be careful, because you never know what's truth and what is not sort of thing.

This feeling won't last. Maybe in your experience everyone you have met is sluttish and this has seriously hindered your trust of them and even yourself. I doubt it'll be like this for long, could be eradicated when you meet someone you DO trust and like.

I hope that makes sense ^^ :frown:

:ditto:

Good post. :smile:
Reply 6
I'm gay and hate most gay people :P

I'm not into the scene and actually don't really have any gay friends.

You're not a bad person. Don't think that you dislike them just because they are gay, but because they are slags or bitchy. If you met straight people like that would you like them?

Don't feel like a bad person and don't worry there are like-minded people out there!
Reply 7
It's just soo confusing for me because I pretty much hate anything 'gay related' as I do find it shallow and whorish but sometimes I wish i was like it but I think it's only because I wouldn't feel like a gay outcast but then i'd become a sheep in my eyes anyway
Anonymous
It's just soo confusing for me because I pretty much hate anything 'gay related' as I do find it shallow and whorish but sometimes I wish i was like it but I think it's only because I wouldn't feel like a gay outcast but then i'd become a sheep in my eyes anyway

Understood. Perfectly. Sadly, the only normal gay people around our age (I assume you're around my age) are the ones who, like you, prefer to remain anonymous or who, like me, don't shout their sexuality around. It's the loud slags you notice, not the nice quiet gay people. You're not homophobic. To be honest I can't stand slapperish activity from gay guys either. I'd never stop them doing it but I'd never be one of them.
Reply 9
as a window.
:wink:
Reply 10
That does not necessarily mean that you are homophobic. You may just be repulsed by the general stereotype of homosexuals in the West.

I don't like the way a lot of straight guys act, although I am straight myself, but that does not mean that I hate or that I am scared of men in general.
Reply 11
Are you the only gay in the village?
BobMob
Are you the only gay in the village?

Sorry, did you have something to say?
Reply 13
Anonymous

Ditto. But it doesn't need to be confusing. The interweb is good for this. As are GLBT societies in general and ... just give it some time. You'll find some normal gay people. Eventually...
generalebriety
Sorry, did you have something to say?

i think he was making an attempt at humour

OP many of the gay community are rather promiscuous but that doesnt mean you have to be. Its part of the whole male thing of shagging as many people as they can.
Cadre_Of_Storms
i think he was making an attempt at humour

Is that what it was? I thought it was blindly reciting already worn Little Britain catchphrases.
Reply 16
I'm gay and I'm pretty homophobic too.

Who says that just because you're gay you have to like all gay people? do all straight people like each other? do all women get on? You've only met a subset of gay men, you don't like them, but they are plenty more men for you to still meet.
Reply 17
generalebriety
Is that what it was? I thought it was blindly reciting already worn Little Britain catchphrases.

I actually meant it as a legitimate question, he said he lived in small town and had to explore the 'scene' to meet someone.

So I was wondering if he knew anyone else gay from the town, because from speaking to gay friends, the "local scene" is usually a lot more nice and monogamous than the "city scene".

Seriously though, there's plenty of guys who are looking for a boyfriend, it's just if you go to a city gay bar it's more of a pulling situation, same as being straight.
You're definately not the only one.. I can't stand queens and bitchy gays but I don't mind going on the scene because I like the music.

I've met a few nice friends off the net who I get on with.. you should try that if you're comfortable doing it.
Reply 19
Anonymous

People are different, gays as well as straights. That someone is gay doesn't mean they are exempt from potential stupidity. The good news is that it works both ways. Your preconseptions about gay people are only true for a few, there are countless of others that don't fit the stereotype at all. Is it fair to guess you are still in school? If so I can almost promise you university is a lot better.

Latest

Trending

Trending