Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you like being invited to birthday parties? Watch

ReputationRep:
    If you don't see someone that often, but are good friends otherwise, would you be excited about their party or think of it as a burden?

Bearing it mind it's gonna be a small event (max 20 people) but at a pricey place with expensive food and lots of fun and games.

ReputationRep:
    I have never been invited to a birthday party

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Random254)
    If you don't know someone very well, but are good friends,
    I do not understand how I can be good friends with someone I don't know very well

However, I do not like parties where the person inviting me expects me to pay for my food

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TenOfThem)
    I do not understand how I can be good friends with someone I don't know very well
    lmao, that came out so wrong. I meant if you don't hang out that often [due to distance], but are friends otherwise

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaLDN)
    I wouldn't go.

may I ask why?

ReputationRep:
    Yesss

ReputationRep:
    may I ask why?
    I just wouldn't go to a birthday party unless its a very good friend's birthday. Relating to your original question though, I would go if I knew other people that were going otherwise I would definitely not go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TenOfThem)

However, I do not like parties where the person inviting me expects me to pay for my food
    No, i would be paying for everything.

ReputationRep:
    I just wouldn't go to a birthday party unless its a very good friend's birthday. Relating to your original question though, I would go if I knew other people that were going otherwise I would definitely not go.
    Cool

ReputationRep:
    Basically this tbh

People just go out these days to take pictures and post them on Facebook anyway.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't see someone that often, but are good friends otherwise, would you be excited about their party or think of it as a burden?

Bearing it mind it's gonna be a small event (max 20 people) but at a pricey place with expensive food and lots of fun and games.
    Yh I would love to go if you are talking about my best friends party but if t is a stranger then never!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Yes I think its nice to be invited.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emerald123)
    Yh I would love to go if you are talking about my best friends party but if t is a stranger then never!
    how about someone who's not a best friend, but not a stranger either?

ReputationRep:
    how about someone who's not a best friend, but not a stranger either?
    Yh I would go if they treat me as their friend.i would go to that person's party that I am comfortable with and whose personality is really good!

ReputationRep:
    lmao, that came out so wrong. I meant if you don't hang out that often [due to distance], but are friends otherwise

No, i would be paying for everything.

In that case - it would spend on who else is going

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    I have never been invited to a birthday party

Posted from TSR Mobile
    youre invited to my next bday then

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.