The Student Room Group

How to be more confident around girls?

Scroll to see replies

Subscribes to this thread as is to scared to talk to crush:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by toonervoustotalk

Posted from TSR Mobile

Try to get out of the mindset of designating girls you have never even talked to as "your crush". Its unhealthy and counterproductive, and almost instantly guarantees nothing will ever happen between you.

Think of her as someone you would be willing to give the chance to impress you.
Original post by Anonymous
Like asking them for their numbers and asking them to do stuff at the weekend?

I'm a bit of a bottler and just bottle it :frown:

Firstly, i feel you. Until i was 17 i was hopeless.

Ultimately though you have to adopt the approach that people who don't ask, don't get. Secondly you need to find confidence and self belief, you need to approach a woman believing that it's her loss if she rejects you.

Try online at first if you can, it's much easier than RL.
Just go for it, you only have one chance so you gotta make it count, if she says no you're still alive so you're not losing much :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Go on dude, do it :tongue: you won't regret it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yeah dude
Go on dude, do it :tongue: you won't regret it

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wish I could
Will pm you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have a drink. There's a reason certain bevvies are referred to as liquid confidence.

Posted from TSR Mobile

LMAO.
I always bottle still when it comes to asking for their numbers n stuff, don't want to come across as creepy or anything
bump
I always bottle still when it comes to asking for their numbers n stuff, don't want to come across as creepy or anything

So don't ask for it until you know she wants to give it to you.

I know this feel bro. Even given the perfect scenario, I still manage to bottle it. :mad:

Problem is, by the time you've talked yourself into it, the ship could have sailed.
bump
Original post by Flyingaround
you can't do that colesaw, for example, i say hello to a man and they say hello back, you say hello to a girl and they give you evils and look away.

No girl I have ever said hello to has "given me evils and looked away".

Where are you saying hello to these girls? :confused:
Talk to them like they're normal human beings . . . Jeez. Why does everyone think there's some massive barrier between guys and girls?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Er... don't dress like him?
Attachment not found
The two big steps are 1) lose the pedestal and 2) keep a very open mind.

Without both of these, you'll have a very hard time. If you take neither step, it will be impossible.

1) is about realising your own self-worth. What is it that makes you feel like you're worth less than the person you're talking to? Do you have any special skills and hobbies? Do you dress well and take care of your appearance?

2) is simple. Do not allow yourself to be fixated on one girl if you are lacking the confidence to approach her. It will only end badly. This was my fatal mistake at school and at uni. Instead, talk to as many as you can, even if you're not initially attracted to them, because they can grow on you. Then bam - you're already talking.
Original post by cole-slaw

ok not all the time, and usually i just smile as they pass
Original post by cole-slaw

I remember waiting outside subways and some guy walked past and said hello and asked how I was, but I didn't understand him and so just stared at him like an idiot and he walked off. I only realised what he said when a friend told me. I felt so mean, poor guy :frown:

(Idk why but I felt the need to share this lol)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by -Rainbow Drops-
I remember waiting outside subways and some guy walked past and said hello and asked how I was, but I didn't understand him and so just stared at him like an idiot and he walked off. I only realised what he said when a friend told me. I felt so mean, poor guy :frown:

(Idk why but I felt the need to share this lol)

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should be ashamed!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending