The Student Room Group

Why do I have no luck?

I'm 20, female, never been in a relationship.
Recently I've been attracting guys 3-4 years younger than me, I know age is just a number, but there's a limit!
I want to meet someone who I have a connection with, but I'm the most awkward, shy person and I don't go out much to pubs and clubs etc.

Does anyone have any advice or just generally anything that might make me feel like less of a prat?
Reply 1
INB4 Age is just a number.
Original post by Anonymous
Recently I've been attracting guys 3-4 years younger than me, I know age is just a number, but there's a limit!
I want to meet someone who I have a connection with, but I'm the most awkward, shy person and I don't go out much to pubs and clubs etc.

Does anyone have any advice or just generally anything that might make me feel like less of a prat?

Maybe you're trying too hard? Also, it's far easier to get into another relationship when you're already in one. Weird, isn't it.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

This is obviously where you're falling short - you can't expect to effortlessly attract people when you don't meet many new people and aren't very socially capable.

I'd suggest focusing first and foremost on improving your social life and expanding your social circle. This will help directly with finding someone you click with as you'll meet many new people and improve your social skills along the road.
Reply 4
Why don't you ask yourself some relevant questions?

What sort of boy do I want to be with?

What do I look like, do I try to make myself attractive to boys?

Do I chat and be around boys in social situations such as pubs, social events, societies etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending