The Student Room Group

Do I need to stop kissing strangers on a night out?

Whenever I go on a night out I kiss on average 1 or 2 people and the most being 3 which I know isn't that many and it never really bothered me until today. I want a boyfriend and not just someone who wants to have sex and then leave. I never go further than 2nd base or ''touching'' so it could be worse. Do you think this is a good idea? I'm a little confused right now.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Whenever I go on a night out I kiss on average 1 or 2 people and the most being 3 which I know isn't that many and it never really bothered me until today. I want a boyfriend and not just someone who wants to have sex and then leave. I never go further than 2nd base or ''touching'' so it could be worse. Do you think this is a good idea? I'm a little confused right now.

How about a east asian guy?
Reply 2
No real harm in this if its what you want to do. But bearing in mind how you feel and what you want I would focus on one guy who you would like to go out with and see if you can make some progress. Prolong the flirting and delay the kissing a tad too.
Herpes inbound.
Reply 4
Original post by High Stakes
Herpes inbound.

:colonhash:

Original post by Zarek
No real harm in this if its what you want to do. But bearing in mind how you feel and what you want I would focus on one guy who you would like to go out with and see if you can make some progress. Prolong the flirting and delay the kissing a tad too.

That's a problem.... I like three people and they're all with someone (well 2 are and one might as well be with her)
Reply 5
this only signals a hetero desire, you're merely a student so the pursuit of your own desire should be prevalent. Possession and commitment are lessons to come later in life but having a boyfriend extends both your 'desire' and mode of fulfillment much further. The trick is to find one that can either lead your desire through a single relationship or accept you to be what you are. : )

If you're enjoying it, have fun. If it's making you happy and isn't hurting anyone, don't let anyone's stupid conservative irrationalities stop you having fun. To many people, especially when they're a bit older, kissing is just a bit of fun.
Reply 7
If you wish to avoid herpes I recommend at least using some kind of screen to avoid infection
Nothing wrong with kissing guys on a night out. I did it in first year but ended up with tonsillitis several times
Reply 9
Nothing wrong with kissing guys on a night out. I did it in first year but ended up with tonsillitis several times

Had that numerous times when I was younger (and not from kissing) so I think I could be immune to it... or maybe that's just wishful thinking.

Original post by 6sid
this only signals a hetero desire, you're merely a student so the pursuit of your own desire should be prevalent. Possession and commitment are lessons to come later in life but having a boyfriend extends both your 'desire' and mode of fulfillment much further. The trick is to find one that can either lead your desire through a single relationship or accept you to be what you are. : )

Thanks yeah I guess you're right.

Original post by Mankytoes
If you're enjoying it, have fun. If it's making you happy and isn't hurting anyone, don't let anyone's stupid conservative irrationalities stop you having fun. To many people, especially when they're a bit older, kissing is just a bit of fun.

I used to enjoy it but right now I don't feel like I do.
By posting this thread, I guess you've already answered your own question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Afghan Warrior
By posting this thread, I guess you've already answered your own question

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not really....
Not really....

Yes really. What's the point creating the thread with that title? It obviously means that's what you think you should do. So do it. Why ask strangers on a forum?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes really. What's the point creating the thread with that title? It obviously means that's what you think you should do. So do it. Why ask strangers on a forum?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because I wanted advice.
Isn't that many indeed! I'd love to be able to kiss two or three girls per night, especially without even having to consider the possibility that they might reject me. Check your privilege woman.

And then keep right ahead doing it. There's nothing wrong with it, as long as you aren't leading these men on.

You will probably get bored of this pretty quick, I guess you're a university fresher.

I used to enjoy it but right now I don't feel like I do.

Well there you go, you aren't enjoying it, so I recommend you cool off it a bit. You might be finding all the fleeting contact emotionally unfulfilling.
Because I wanted advice.

Okay well my advice would be: yes, I think it's best if you stop kissing strangers. Firstly, it can make you look easy if people have seen you kiss two guys in one night. Although you haven't done anything wrong, it gives you a bad image. If I saw someone kissing different people in one night I'd be a bit like, you know. But yeah, it's your life. Do what you want. Do what makes you happy. Dont do anything you may later regret.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do what you like. There are not set in stone Bible-like guideline on doing what you like.
P.S. Ignore those who might call you cheap/easy/anything along those lines.
Original post by Juichiro
Do what you like. There are not set in stone Bible-like guideline on doing what you like.
P.S. Ignore those who might call you cheap/easy/anything along those lines.

Thank you, yeah I'm definitely not easy, I'll kiss people but that's as far as I will go.

Original post by Mankytoes
Well there you go, you aren't enjoying it, so I recommend you cool off it a bit. You might be finding all the fleeting contact emotionally unfulfilling.

Thank you, I think I am, I want something more than a kiss on some dodgy club dance floor :rolleyes:

Okay well my advice would be: yes, I think it's best if you stop kissing strangers. Firstly, it can make you look easy if people have seen you kiss two guys in one night. Although you haven't done anything wrong, it gives you a bad image. If I saw someone kissing different people in one night I'd be a bit like, you know. But yeah, it's your life. Do what you want. Do what makes you happy. Don't do anything you may later regret.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I won't do. Think I'm gonna stop, no longer so fun.
Original post by scrotgrot
Isn't that many indeed! I'd love to be able to kiss two or three girls per night, especially without even having to consider the possibility that they might reject me. Check your privilege woman.

And then keep right ahead doing it. There's nothing wrong with it, as long as you aren't leading these men on.

You will probably get bored of this pretty quick, I guess you're a university fresher.

Why check my privileges? I don't really understand what you mean. No I'm not leading them on, the night ends when one of us walks away. They ask for my number I give them it (knowing they won't call) and they don't, it's a win win situation. Yeah I am, bored of it already.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending