The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Who's applying to Sheffield 2015?

Hi I am thinking about applying to Sheffield, who else wants to apply, and what course? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I'm already at the University (started this September) if you want any questions answered!
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Ohh great :smile: What is it like? I visited briefly Sheffield and I really liked it, but how is it as a city university? I also had the students union was great! And do you know anything about the structural engineering and architecture course? :smile:
Thanks !!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by carysro
Ohh great :smile: What is it like? I visited briefly Sheffield and I really liked it, but how is it as a city university? I also had the students union was great! And do you know anything about the structural engineering and architecture course? :smile:
Thanks !!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I study architecture but have quite a few friends who are on the architecture and structural engineering course, so I can potentially help you out there! - feel free to pm me :smile:
I'm definitely considering applying for English Lit at Sheffield... I like the sound of the choice in modules, and I love the city itself.
Reply 5
Original post by clareyyyyyyy
I study architecture but have quite a few friends who are on the architecture and structural engineering course, so I can potentially help you out there! - feel free to pm me :smile:

Hi, I've applied for architecture (K100) at Sheffield and will be submitting my portfolio in the next few days. What do you think of the university, dept and course so far ?

Where are you staying, is the journey to and from the dept ok, especially since you probably can't take much work home and have to work late (I've heard) to deal with the volume of work for architecture.
many thanks
I applied for Aerospace Engineering :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by carysro
Hi I am thinking about applying to Sheffield, who else wants to apply, and what course? :smile:

I have applied for Sheffield Uni and doing journalism! :smile:
I'm applying for Law with European and International Law because the course and other law opportunities are literally perfect for me :smile: I've visited it up north a few times, the city is lovely and green and the university is a mix of older and modern buildings with a great union, accommodation and library :smile:

Do you guys think people should use league tables highly when considering choices or go by preference?

I've already applied to Sheffield for the Speech Sciences MMedSci and I'm from Sheffield as well, in my opinion it's a really lovely place to live and the University looks so good as well! :smile:
I applied a few days ago, has anyone had an offer yet? And if so how long did it take?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied to Sheffield last Monday and got an email today saying they want an informal interview at an open day :biggrin:. According to my teacher it says i pretty much have an offer but I could get a better one if I go and they like me (so of course i'm going).

Has anyone else gotten one of these/been to one? If so what do they ask you? Also I've applied for 4 years masters course in computer science!
Hi, I applied for Physics about a month ago and got an offer/invite to a visit day a couple of weeks ago :smile: They haven't given the offer conditions yet, apparently I'll be told them at the start of the visit day in December. I've applied for deferred (2016) entry but I might ask to change to 2015 entry depending on what other offers I get.
I've never actually been to Sheffield, what's the city like? Are there many art galleries, museums and things like that to visit?
My friend applied, she's predicted ABC but got the AAA offer last week :smile:
I got an offer today! Very happy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone in Sheffield today for a Chemistry UCAS Visit Day/Interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Just got an offer to do Politics and IR (AAB), super happy :smile::smile::smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by brave.new.world
Hi, I applied for Physics about a month ago and got an offer/invite to a visit day a couple of weeks ago :smile: They haven't given the offer conditions yet, apparently I'll be told them at the start of the visit day in December. I've applied for deferred (2016) entry but I might ask to change to 2015 entry depending on what other offers I get.
I've never actually been to Sheffield, what's the city like? Are there many art galleries, museums and things like that to visit?

Congratulations on your offer!

There are looooads are art galleries and museums in Sheffield! As well as Museums Sheffield (made up of Weston Park Museum, Graves Gallery and the Millennium Gallery in the Winter Gardens) which have an amazing range of exhibitions and events (encompassing art, history, science and literature) there's larger galleries (Site Gallery, Bank Street Arts, Yorkshire Artspace, S1 Artspace, Bloc Projects), little independent galleries (B&B Gallery, 99 Mary Street, Cupola Gallery, Pete McKee's 'A Month of Sundays') and multi-use spaces like CADS which host all sorts of weird and wonderful things. If you're into history (or even if you're not), there's also the Kelham Island Industrial Museum, which is all about Sheffield's steel heritage and encompasses a recreated industrial street, complete with functioning shops. If you're into the theatre, we also have the highest concentration of theatres in any UK space outside London (Tudor Square).

If you'd like any more Sheffield tips, just drop me a message.

Georgie, Student Communications Team at the University of Sheffield
Original post by The University of Sheffield
Congratulations on your offer!

There are looooads are art galleries and museums in Sheffield! As well as Museums Sheffield (made up of Weston Park Museum, Graves Gallery and the Millennium Gallery in the Winter Gardens) which have an amazing range of exhibitions and events (encompassing art, history, science and literature) there's larger galleries (Site Gallery, Bank Street Arts, Yorkshire Artspace, S1 Artspace, Bloc Projects), little independent galleries (B&B Gallery, 99 Mary Street, Cupola Gallery, Pete McKee's 'A Month of Sundays') and multi-use spaces like CADS which host all sorts of weird and wonderful things. If you're into history (or even if you're not), there's also the Kelham Island Industrial Museum, which is all about Sheffield's steel heritage and encompasses a recreated industrial street, complete with functioning shops. If you're into the theatre, we also have the highest concentration of theatres in any UK space outside London (Tudor Square).

If you'd like any more Sheffield tips, just drop me a message.

Georgie, Student Communications Team at the University of Sheffield

That sounds great, I'm looking forward to visiting! Thank you :smile:
Reply 19
Already applied for Med, just a long wait.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending