The Student Room Group

Would this annoy you?

There's a guy who I am seeing and have been for around a month, we are not official yet.

I don't want to rush into anything sexual just yet, so I have told him I want to take it slow.

We had a conversation about the whole sex thing yesterday and he said this to me...

''You don't understand how many girls I have turned down because of you, I know if I had sex with other girls you wouldn't want me, if it doesn't happen soon then idk what to do''....

I don't know if that was meant to make me feel special or what (it didn't)? would it annoy you? am I over reacting?

Why do I feel so put off after him saying that to me?

Scroll to see replies

It just sounds like he is madly infatuated with you and desperately wants to have sex.

Just tell him either you like him or you don't and put him out of his misery.
Reply 2
Kick him to the curb, he sounds like an awful person.
Reply 3
You know how guys would say whatever to get what they want from a girl and ten when you do give it to them your nothing.
Attachment not found

Posted from TSR Mobile
He's trying to manipulate you into having sex. I'm sure someone will believe I'm wrong, but it is the right word. If he tells you that he has turned down others/possibilities of sex just to be with you, while you are holding out, then it will 'hopefully' make you feel like you should have sex with him. Well, you don't owe him sex, and he doesn't owe you anything either. Tell him to go with the others then. If what he said makes you feel special then a) you're looking at it wrong and b) he won't care how you take it, as long as you have sex with him.
If he's being this much of an arse at this stage, just when you said you weren't ready for it, then take it as the tip of the iceberg regarding his ****ty attitude.
Reply 5
Sounds like he is trying to guilt trip you into having sex with him soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
and women wonder why nice guys complain about them dating douches lulz
Reply 7
Sounds a bit crass and clumsy really. Unless he has some other seriously redeeming features I would tell him to go and make 1000 babies with these other women.
HOLD UP HOLD UP

This guy has disgusting porcine qualities.
Ewwwwww.

He's just trying to guilt trip you into sleeping with him.

You sound sweet and innocent- you are a queen.
& queens do not deal with 'sorry excuses'

Take your place at your throne and kick the commoner out of your palace.

You don't want scum on your pristine floors; right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Thank you for the replies.

I forgot to add that after he text me that I said '' Is that supposed to make me feel special? have sex with whoever you want :smile:''.

He then text me back saying ''I only want you''.

But I don't believe him, I don't know if I'm just being a bitch.
Original post by Anonymous

I forgot to add that after he text me that I said '' Is that supposed to make me feel special? have sex with whoever you want :smile:''.

I bet he hasn't turned down any other girl. He's just trying to encourage you to sleep with him, which is a bit cheeky.

I assume you've never had sex before?
You are anything but.
This guy is looking to hit it then quit it.
#wedonthavetimeforbadguys
#youarequeen

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, that would annoy me.

All that sweet talk, the "I only want you" "you're special" blah blah :blah:, he's saying that to get into your pants. Trust me, guys know exactly what to say, and most of the time it doesn't mean anything.

He also sounds really whiny.
Reply 13
I've never been in a relationship that has lasted more than a week. #singlepringle
Reply 14
This sounds like the guy who once told me, in all seriousness, on a first date, that he had "never raped anyone". :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I was like "hmmmm... good to know..." :K:
It didn't really progress beyond that, but there were all sorts of reasons for that.

Yeah, well I don't know. On the plus side, your guy doesn't sound as socially clueless. Do you like him or do you not? If he is more experienced than you then I understand why for him sex is a natural progression that should have happened by now. If you are uncomfortable with that and don't like him that much, then tell him you don't think you are compatible so he can move on. Don't string him along.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by llys
This sounds like the guy who once told me, in all seriousness, on a first date, that he had "never raped anyone". :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Omg :lol: :lol:
Original post by AlphaTango
I bet he hasn't turned down any other girl. He's just trying to encourage you to sleep with him, which is a bit cheeky.

I assume you've never had sex before?

See I don't know but I'll admit it did make me slightly jealous in a weird way because I do like him believe it or not.

I have had sex before but I'm not the type of person to sleep with random people, it takes a bit of time for me to feel comfortable having sex with someone.
Err yes, I would be vexed. If he likes you then he should be willing to respect your boundaries and wait.
Original post by Anonymous

Good. Now if I were you I'd reply with something along the lines of "Then understand that you'll have to wait until I'm ready." Just my opinion.
He is attempting to get you to sleep with him.

There is nothing really wrong with this, in and of itself, people have urges and sex is good. However, attempting to do so by hinting that you have a time period by which you have to do it otherwise he may accept another person's offer is not okay.

Just be honest and say "I don't know when I want to have sex with you, or even if I do at all. If you care about me, you'll wait and just masturbate a little more often. If not, do whatever you like, but this is over".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending