The Student Room Group

Crush asked me on a date and I can't go! :(

There's this guy I really like at uni, we sometimes chat on nights out and he just invited me out with him and a few other people we know..BUT I WENT HOME THIS WEEKEND!!!! So, I had to say 'thank you for asking me but I can't..' And now I'm just so upset because I've been waiting for this moment for so long and I'm at bloody home. He hasn't even replied to me. I hope I haven't ruined it with him, have I?
Just tell him the truth, and organise another date.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I just replied that I wasn't sure what time I will be back, and he didn't say anything back..
Reply 3
Just tell him the truth and tell him you'd love to meet up when you're back. If necessary, give him some dates you know you're free. This is very simple.
Reply 4
I'm scared he will say no :frown:
Original post by AlphaMolecule
Why EXACTLY didn't you just say "hey I would love to but I'm going home this weekend, are you free next week? :smile:"

seriously

This...
Reply 6
It wasn't just us on a date by the way, a few of our friends were going too.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm scared he will say no :frown:

So scared you'd rather never find out?
Reply 8
Well. If he replies to my text, I might ask him. I've sent it now anyway, too late
Reply 9
you're thinking about this way too much

And he's on my course and I'm just so shy around him it's unreal.
I've just screwed it up and he didn't text back!
maybe come into your next lecture drunk?

Protip: don't do this. The lecture won't make any sense. :cool:
Original post by Anonymous
I've just screwed it up and he didn't text back!

Ok.

Well....it wasn't a date......and a few people are going....so I am not sure why you why you expect him to text back
To me, it sounds like a date!
Well, it's hardly a date is it. Just a night out with some of his friends, he's hardly going to be pissed of that you can't go.
You should said, or still say, "maybe another time" or just casually invite him out to your next night out when your back at uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
Even after your stupid response it's really simple - just invite him to a night out with a group of friends!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending