The Student Room Group

What is the normal age to have a real relationship?

wxc
(edited 8 years ago)
Relationship? It takes a lot of effort from both sides to make it work. Not everyone can fall in love with the first person of the opposite gender that they like and remain that way throughout their lives.
(I wouldn't recommend it at your tender age, it's too easy to go astray. Your career should come first.)
There's nothing wrong with this at all- the timing just wasn't right. I have quite a few friends who are older than you who have never been kissed or had a relationship either, including one who's 25. Relax- it'll happen when it happens :smile:
Reply 3
If Frozen taught us anything, it's not to rush into marriage with a charming prince... and not shoot your sister in the face with ice.
Reply 4
Original post by A5ko
If Frozen taught us anything, it's not to rush into marriage with a charming prince... and not shoot your sister in the face with ice.

Haha thats actually a great way of putting it :smile: thanks I feel a lot better now
You are perfectly normal. The vast majority of relationships that take place before university are not serious and very few last long term. There are plenty of opportunities for relationships at university and far more people than you think will be new to it all too, it's just not the kind of thing people are that honest about! In freshers week I'd never been kissed, by Christmas I had a girlfriend I'd go on to be with for over 2 years.
Original post by A5ko

Wise words.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by A5ko

I always hear the name of this film but never sure of what it's about
I'd say there isn't an age, just a time when the right person comes along for you to have a 'real' relationship.

You'll be off to uni soon, a place with a lot of people your age and if you put yourself out there you might find someone who's interests align with yours. There are no guarantees but it's a good time to see what's out there.

I don't think it's weird that you've never kissed anyone. That's nothing to be ashamed of. I'm also scared that I'll be single forever but I'll be damned if that gets in the way of me trying not to be. Just have fun.
Original post by Kg1997
I'm 17 nearly 18 and I have never been in a relationship before. I have been asked out before but I wasn't really interested in dating when that happened, but now I am off to uni and I feel like its a bit weird that I have never even kissed anyone. I'm scared I will be single forever!! Is this normal or odd?

I'm 18 and going to uni next year and I've never kissed anyone either. You won't be single forever. It may be odd for some people (for example, my sister - she's 14 and it's like she has a new boyfriend every month!), but it's normal for you. And that's okay. There's nothing wrong with it.:3
The right age for a relationship is when you are financially secure and emotionally happy? Well that's what I think but other may not think that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending