The Student Room Group

Recently out gay guy

Hey guys, I don't post much but I'm 18 years old and I've recently been in the process of coming out, and although it has been a relief I can't really see a next step.

I can't see where I am going to meet other guys really because it seems like there are so few available. I don't know where to start to be honest.

Scroll to see replies

Try gay bars? :smile:
Reply 2
Problem is I font think I could go in on my own

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samcarnall
Problem is I font think I could go in on my own

Posted from TSR Mobile

Get a lesbian mate to go with?
Reply 4
I don't have any

Posted from TSR Mobile
are you at uni? you could see if there's a LGBT society, they often have nights out and socials

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I'm not right now but will be next year. I'd wait but even then there's no guarantee. Its just like a dead end really or that's how it feels

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not right now but will be next year. I'd wait but even then there's no guarantee. Its just like a dead end really or that's how it feels

Posted from TSR Mobile

it can be harder to meet people when you're not straight, I came out a year ago and ive only dated one girl since, but it depends on where you live. If you want to meet guys, have you considered internet dating or apps?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

this isn't because you're gay lol!!! that's a stupid idea

I haven't had a girlfriend in ages. it will come along when it's supposed to. you can't just expect to come out and then okay, on to the next step, it's not like that in the real world! (well unless you are very attractive)
Reply 9
I know but idk. I never know where to start with the internet stuff cause the ones I've tried have been awful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
So yeah pretty lost

Posted from TSR Mobile
If clubs are not a piece of cake for you, another option is dating sites. Clubs are not my scene either so I went onto dating sites and that's how I've met some other gay guys :h:
Do you not have a youth LGBT group in your area? My area has had one for the last few years. Never been to it myself, but I know it is expanding further out into surrounding areas - then again the population of the area is about 400,000. Officially we're 3 separate towns, but we're all pretty much on each other's doorstep, so it's kind of 3 towns for the price of 1.
Reply 13
I know about dating sites but I have found that the majority are just sexual and really crude. But yeah in terms of the groups I'm from Sheffield which is a big city so there is probably something similar to that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Firstly grats on coming out!!

Personally, I think you should just take your time... There's no rush :smile:

Once you get to uni next year, you should just join the LGBT society and start making friends there. They'll teach you a lot of stuff *wink* XD
I don't recommend meeting anyone online for a while, men are ***** and will see you as someone they can take advantage of.

You will meet people whilst out and about so my advice to you is just get comfortable being you.
I'd agree with the poster above (R Dragon) - don't worry about it. Hope you are living more easily in your skin having come out, and that people who matter are cool with it. Next year should be easier - universities are much bigger than schools - Uni LGBT society is a good place to start meeting people, not just for a relationship, but as people you could go out to a bar or club with. Just stay safe, and remember to do some studying as well!
Reply 17
I think that's probably the best idea weighing it up. Hopefully something good can come out of that :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
To be honest I think that it'll be the best idea and just gotta hope that someone comes along :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know about dating sites but I have found that the majority are just sexual and really crude. But yeah in terms of the groups I'm from Sheffield which is a big city so there is probably something similar to that

Posted from TSR Mobile

OKCupid has treated me well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending