The Student Room Group

Losing my virginity in a casual relationship - will I regret it?

I had my first kiss with a guy I didn't even find hot in a club, and I don't regret it in the slightest. My first kiss was very awkward and spongy, but I'm glad I got it out of the way with someone I never saw again. Now I'm thinking of taking a similar approach to sex. I won't do it in a one-night stand, as I want to know the person enough to trust him, but will I regret it if I sleep with someone in a no strings attached relationship? Will I grow attached to that person even if I don't want to?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I had my first kiss with a guy I didn't even find hot in a club, and I don't regret it in the slightest. My first kiss was very awkward and spongy, but I'm glad I got it out of the way with someone I never saw again. Now I'm thinking of taking a similar approach to sex. I won't do it in a one-night stand, as I want to know the person enough to trust him, but will I regret it if I sleep with someone in a no strings attached relationship? Will I grow attached to that person even if I don't want to?

Nobody can answer this question as it entirely depends on you.

Some people regret it, others do not.
Reply 2
It doesn't matter what you do. **** all these rules and regulations, feel free to have sex with whoever you want. Sex is amazing, you won't believe how good it feels. Just go out and find a man and give him the night of his life. You'll be glad you did. Might be a bit uncomfortable for you depending on how wet and ready you are, you don't wanna go in dry and tight. Just do it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
That is a very good approach to sex. Get it out the way with someone you'll never see again. Don't listen to the movies, most people's first time is a complete mess and often lacks in actually being a "special" moment 😂 do what you want and don't have any regrets!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I lost mine in a one-night stand that turned into a casual relationship and I have zero regrets...it's really a personal thing though. I think only you really know the answer as to whether you'll regret it or not. Honestly I have FAR more regrets about how I had my first kiss (first time clubbing, the guy was a total douche, instantly tried to feel me up and put his hands in my underwear w/o permission.) Whereas my first time the guy was absolutely lovely, zero pressure and it was a really fun experience.
Reply 5
I would. But I'm a sensitive prude so...
Save it for someone special. I did :smile: and 4 years later still going strong
I wouldn't, but that's just me. It's up to you.
Original post by Icebaker
Sex is amazing, you won't believe how good it feels. Just go out and find a man and give him the night of his life. You'll be glad you did. Might be a bit uncomfortable for you depending on how wet and ready you are, you don't wanna go in dry and tight. Just do it.

Just perhaps a bit over-selling there. Sex can be amazing, but not for everyone and not until they have their needs met.

Honestly I have FAR more regrets about how I had my first kiss (first time clubbing, the guy was a total douche, instantly tried to feel me up and put his hands in my underwear w/o permission.) Whereas my first time the guy was absolutely lovely, zero pressure and it was a really fun experience.

Yes, that sounds more realistic. How they behave is far more important than how long you've known them.

I'm in a situation exactly the same as yours, except im a guy.

I've had the opportunity to have a ONS multiple times, but I've never gone through with it. Partially as i'm quite an emotional guy and fear i'll get a tad bit attached to my first and also as being inexperienced im a little bit frigid. I'm kind of holding out that i'll get in a relationship eventually but if I find a girl similar to myself who wants something casual I might end up going through with it.
Hold out until you find the right person!!
My firsr was with someone I knew for a year but wasn't head over heels in love, like what a relationship brings, so regretted it and didn't enjoy it
now I'm in a relationship it's completely different!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending