The Student Room Group

I am not entitled to 3 years tuition fees

I have withdrawn from my course 2 months into my 2nd year of nursing and had only received one payment for 2nd year. I am now being told i do not qualify for 1st years tuition fees for my new course, only years 2 and 3. I have three questions regarding this.

1) If i were to pay back what i received in second year of my old course would i then be entitled to 1st year tuition fees again?

2) Is it at all possible to use those 2 years of available funding for years 1 & 2 and then i will pay for 3rd year.

3) If the above option is not allowed is there anyway to defer tuition fee payment until after i graduate and start working?

Its just that i have no way of getting £9000 before my course starts and I'm really panicking that i will have to withdraw before i even start.
Hello,

As you attended on 2 separate academic years of the previous course, this is classed as 2 years of previous study, meaning you will be 1 year short of full funding.

1) Even if you pay it back, it wont change the situation as the previous study regulations apply to any previous study, even if it wasn't funded by us in the first place.

2) The two years of full funding you do have left are always applied to the last 2 years, they cant be moved to years 1 and 2.

3) I can't advise on deferring your tuition fees, as they are charged by your University, you would need to speak to the University to see if they can arrange this for you.

The only way you could receive full funding for the course is if you had to withdraw from the previous course for compelling personal reasons and you were able to provide evidence of this, the assessors would consider if they could award you a year of funding back, meaning you would have 3 years full funding left.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending