The Student Room Group

What religion are you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Christian and proud.
Original post by Abdul-Karim
No such thing as convert to muslim, only revert to Islam.

You then have to admit that Islam is the fastest shrinking religion in the world, with 80% of the world's population having deconverted :biggrin:
Reply 42
I'm not a religion, but I follow Islam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
You then have to admit that Islam is the fastest shrinking religion in the world, with 80% of the world's population having deconverted :biggrin:

Why is religion a competition of how many followers a certain belief has, or better yet how many people are leaving that belief and following others?
Original post by onderk
Why is religion a competition of how many followers a certain belief has, or better yet how many people are leaving that belief and following others?

I know, why is it? I'm not the one that goes around claiming or implying that because X religion is the fastest growing or because X religion has the most followers that it's the truth. That's the basic argumentum ad populum fallacy.
:rofl2:

A picture's worth a thousand words eh? I hope he was trolling.
Reply 46
I know, why is it? I'm not the one that goes around claiming or implying that because X religion is the fastest growing or because X religion has the most followers that it's the truth. That's the basic argumentum ad populum fallacy.

Not every Muslim 'goes around' saying that Islam is true because of the sheer fact that it has the most followers. The prophecy we follow is to spread the word of God and doing so by giving whats called Dawah. This is a way of making people believe that Allah is the one and only, obviously Muslims will use the total amount of people who follow the teachings of the Quran as a reference.

What I think has happened is that all your life you have been firm in your beliefs and were confused by how many people are Muslims and why it is the fastest growing religion. Now that you have come on here you have seen that almost 40% of voters are Muslim which has made you a bit upset.

In my opinion, if one believes strongly in a religion and follows the teachings, that person will be rewarded with afterlife.
Christian (Pentecostal)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by onderk
Not every Muslim 'goes around' saying that Islam is true because of the sheer fact that it has the most followers.

I know, and I didn't say that, did I? I was using that example to the very specific case of this thread and the post of mine that you quoted.

The prophecy we follow is to spread the word of God and doing so by giving whats called Dawah. This is a way of making people believe that Allah is the one and only, obviously Muslims will use the total amount of people who follow the teachings of the Quran as a reference.

I know :smile:

What I think has happened is that all your life you have been firm in your beliefs and were confused by how many people are Muslims and why it is the fastest growing religion. Now that you have come on here you have seen that almost 40% of voters are Muslim which has made you a bit upset.

What are you on about lol? :lol:. It has not made me "upset", I've been on this site for quite some time now and it's well-known that there's a big muslim community on here. But again, you seem to be implying that because 40% have voted that that somehow makes Islam more likely to be true, when it doesn't :wink:

In my opinion, if one believes strongly in a religion and follows the teachings, that person will be rewarded with afterlife.

OK...
Misguided by their parents, yes.

So those 6 billion people in the world who aren't muslim were somehow misguided? Islam is a religion of the Middle East ONLY, yet everyone in the world is born Muslim? I can tell you I most certainly wasn't. Muslims are in the minority. And in the thousands and thousands of years humans have existed, your religion only came into being 1500 years ago, yet Islam is the correct way forward? A couple of thousand of years from now and I'm sure there will be a new 'perfect religion' to take its place. You're full of such **** it's actually unreal.
Atheism isn't a religion ?
Original post by onderk
Not every Muslim 'goes around' saying that Islam is true because of the sheer fact that it has the most followers and why it is the fastest growing religion.

1.) it doesn't have the most followers, Christianity does
2.) its fast growth rate is mainly due to high birth rates in poor Middle Eastern countries where Islam is most prevalent.
Original post by TheTechN1304
So those 6 billion people in the world who aren't muslim were somehow misguided? Islam is a religion of the Middle East ONLY, yet everyone in the world is born Muslim? I can tell you I most certainly wasn't. Muslims are in the minority. And in the thousands and thousands of years humans have existed, your religion only came into being 1500 years ago, yet Islam is the correct way forward? A couple of thousand of years from now and I'm sure there will be a new 'perfect religion' to take its place. You're full of such **** it's actually unreal.

No, Islam was around since Adam and Eve. Islam = Submission.

We believe in the revelation of numerous messages to mankind from God. As Muslims we believe Adam and all the prophets/messengers mentioned in the Qur'an including Noah, Moses, Jesus submitted to the will of God & God only. We believe other holy books were sent down for instance the four mentioned by name in the Qur'an are the Torah (revealed to Moses), the Zabur (revealed to David), the Injil (Gospel) (revealed to Jesus), and the Qur'an itself (which was as you said revealed around 1500 years ago (to Prophet Muhammad PBUH the last and final messenger). :smile:
Original post by onderk
Not every Muslim 'goes around' saying that Islam is true because of the sheer fact that it has the most followers.

And btw, Christianity has more followers than Islam :wink:
Reply 54
So 75% of the world's population have rejected Islam. That's what is know as "voting with your feet".
QED!

Well, if that is the case, the poll ought to have three options only:

Muslim
Revert
Apostate

With the Apostate being the group with the largest number of votes, comprising all non-Muslims such as Sikhs, Christians and Hindus as well as those who are non-religious.
Reply 56
And btw, Christianity has more followers than Islam :wink:

I do recall you saying that your not the one going around and saying that X religion is better because it has more followers :confused:
Original post by childofthesun
In Islam, there is the belief that everyone is born a Muslim.

The truth, of course, is that everyone is born not believing anything (by definition) and many are then brainwashed by their superstitious parents.
Reply 58
Original post by crosstalk
Kinda hard to associate a person with a Sheldon's profile picture being a Hindu. :teehee:

Why so?

If you were born on a remote island with no contact with the outside world, would you still be muslim?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending