The Student Room Group

Do UCAS/unis get results before results day?

My daughter has a conditional of 2 Bs at Scottish Highers for the Uni she wants.

Results day for Scottish Highers, I believe, is Aug 6th.

Am I right in saying that UCAS/the Uni will know her results before then? If so, how long before?

My thinking is, if this is the case, she'll know she has at least 2 Bs (or not!) before her results day as her UCAS Track will update?
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by MoodyM
My daughter has a conditional of 2 Bs at Scottish Highers for the Uni she wants.

Results day for Scottish Highers, I believe, is Aug 6th.

Am I right in saying that UCAS/the Uni will know here results before then? If so, how long before?

My thinking is, if this is the case, she'll know she has at least 2 Bs (or not!) before here results day as her UCAS Track will update?

The universities will know a few days before results day so they can decide who to accept or not on ucas. However track will not update until results day as ucas track will not be working for us on the week of results day.
Unis get results the weekend before. Track will update on results day, quite possibly before she gets her results.
Reply 3
Ok, so her first indication of getting the required results or not will indeed be results day?
Original post by MoodyM
Ok, so her first indication of getting the required results or not will indeed be results day?

its going to be on results day when it updates like 6 clock in the morning , but some time it updates a bit earlier
also being a Scottish student she is at an advantage as their results come out earlier so will know first should clearing be needed
For A Levels, they get the results on the Sunday before results day, so I would imagine that something similar happens north of the border too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending