The Student Room Group

Great relationship advice for all women - What men really mean

I was on another site when I read this great advice which pretty much hits the nail on the head when it comes to men and what they say and what they really mean.

So someone was talking about how you shouldn't trust any man in a relationship and somebody replied . How are we supposed to enjoy a relationship with a boy if we can't trust him? Seems like an enemy stance would make the relationship very unenjoyable. The reply hit the nail on the head about what men really mean and is something I feel all women need to read. Here was the reply.

Rule number 1
Don't start a relationship from a position of suspicion and wariness. Start a relationship understanding that to a man:

"long-term" means resources

"sex" means "wild" and "new"

"I love you" means "I need your time/resources"

"loyalty" means "I will cheat on you, but I will protect your ego by never telling your friends."

"love" means financial security/emotional tampon

"girlfriend" means "The girl I want everyone to think I've got wrapped around my finger"

"marriage" means "baby mama who pays the bills"

You can always trust a boy to be a boy. He is not lying to you. He is operating out of his boy framework.

I think this sums up most long term relationships and is the reason why so many women become betas who get cheated on and left by their men. What do you make of this? This appears to be true to all men, maybe we should rethink how we feel about long term commitment?
Fanx B you changed my life for the better.
Reply 2
Original post by Valyrian
Fanx B you changed my life for the better.

yw valyrian :cool:
This is true. I am a man and I can confirm that I'm an emotionless resource drainer.
wot
Reply 5
Ever heard of a man getting more financially out of a marriage than the wife? Nah me neither.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending