The Student Room Group

Girl I'm seeing is moving to a different country- keep seeing her or break it off?

So I've been seeing this girl for a few weeks and things are going well. However she just recently revealed to me (though she did mention this earlier too) that she will be going to live in a different country (on the other side of the world) for 1-2 years towards the end of this year and that made me think: is there much point in continuing to see her if there is a definite end point in sight?

I do like her (though not head over heels in love or anything like that) but then on the other hand, the more involved we get the harder it will be later on to end it.

Any advice on what to do in a situation like this?
Original post by Anonymous
So I've been seeing this girl for a few weeks and things are going well. However she just recently revealed to me (though she did mention this earlier too) that she will be going to live in a different country (on the other side of the world) for 1-2 years towards the end of this year and that made me think: is there much point in continuing to see her if there is a definite end point in sight?

I do like her (though not head over heels in love or anything like that) but then on the other hand, the more involved we get the harder it will be later on to end it.

Any advice on what to do in a situation like this?

Should prob end it. Just liking someone isn't really justification for putting yourself through a majorly LDR. Although I'm a hypocrite - I have a long distance FWB lol
If you really like the girl then you shouldn't be asking the question in first place. I've been in a LDR for 5 years and happily engaged to him :smile: - He does medicine in slovakia whilst im living in UK to complete my studies. We meet every 3-4 months.
Reply 3
If you really like the girl then you shouldn't be asking the question in first place. I've been in a LDR for 5 years and happily engaged to him :smile: - He does medicine in slovakia whilst im living in UK to complete my studies. We meet every 3-4 months.

I'm sorry but to me that just sounds horrible- completely what I'd envision a relationship as.

I want to be with someone who lives no more than an hour away from me and who I could meet every weekend and perhaps during the week as well if we find time. I have no idea how make LDR's work, I personally have no interest in getting into one in the first place.
I'm sorry but to me that just sounds horrible- completely what I'd envision a relationship as.

I want to be with someone who lives no more than an hour away from me and who I could meet every weekend and perhaps during the week as well if we find time. I have no idea how make LDR's work, I personally have no interest in getting into one in the first place.

Errrr end it then??

That proves to me that you are not intending on making a relationship strong. End it brah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending