The Student Room Group

The stress of dating a beautiful girl............

I've been with my girlfriend for almost 4 months now. We love each other like crazy and I'm never insecure when it comes to trust her. She's gorgeous in looks and call me mad but I find it pretty stressful. Every now and then I think 'why is she with me?' It gets annoying when every time we go out, guys will hit on her. She generally just tells other guy friends up front who I am so they get a clear message to back off but obviously it doesn't work on everyone. I feel jealous when other guys hit on her. She told me 'that will happen but she only wants to be with me and no one else. While that's comforting to hear for that moment, the worrying just comes back in a few days. She fell for me first and I was pretty reluctant to be with her when it all started so she has her own insecurities when it comes to me.

Anyway does anyone else find dating a pretty girl stressful? the part where you keep doubting yourself? Sometimes when I see an average looking girl, I think how easier it would be to be with someone like that. But I don't want to be anyone else either.

Any thoughts? Any help?

Scroll to see replies

If you're with her just because "she's pretty" then obviously the jealousy comes from that - other guys want to nab her off you for the same reason.
Instead, think about the actual reasons why you love her. Is she sweet, kind, caring? A fun person to be with? Likes a little joke and makes you happy when she makes the :smile::h::colondollar::biggrin: faces?
If your not gonna fight for her then don't be with her.
I have no idea why guys feel like this. My boyfriend is exactly the same, but if we (the girls) didn't want to be with you (the boyfriends) then why would we be with you? Why waste our time? It's ridiculous.
You're overthinking it. She's with you because she wants you. She even reassured you about it so accept it and be happy :smile: That worrying could hinder your relationship with her if you're not careful
Original post by Anonymous
I've been with my girlfriend for almost 4 months now. We love each other like crazy and I'm never insecure when it comes to trust her. She's gorgeous in looks and call me mad but I find it pretty stressful. Every now and then I think 'why is she with me?' It gets annoying when every time we go out, guys will hit on her. She generally just tells other guy friends up front who I am so they get a clear message to back off but obviously it doesn't work on everyone. I feel jealous when other guys hit on her. She told me 'that will happen but she only wants to be with me and no one else. While that's comforting to hear for that moment, the worrying just comes back in a few days. She fell for me first and I was pretty reluctant to be with her when it all started so she has her own insecurities when it comes to me.

Anyway does anyone else find dating a pretty girl stressful? the part where you keep doubting yourself? Sometimes when I see an average looking girl, I think how easier it would be to be with someone like that. But I don't want to be anyone else either.

Any thoughts? Any help?

Interesting insight. It's astonishing the power pretty women have, every time they go out knowing they could sleep with probably 20 different people they encounter that evening. What I'd give to be in that position with women. Another reason why I'm bitterly opposed to modern day feminism. Yes, in some areas men have things better. But it equals out with areas like this.
Original post by Anonymous

Any thoughts? Any help?

express all of this to hear in excruciating detail, ideally at 3am on a saturday (drunkenness optional but encouraged) over the phone. if that doesn't make her feel secure and you feel at ease then i don't know anything about women
Original post by Ciel.
I think he's just a troll, nobody can be THAT stupid, even if uncivilized.

Calling some1 a troll is trolling.

I mean everything I say..
Original post by timthumbs300
Calling some1 a troll is trolling.

I mean everything I say..

But you're just a dick in the way you say it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nigeria not having freedom of speech is not a positive thing to point out...
I'll say this : I would love to see girls/women in the UK come to my country of origin (Nigeria) and start running there mouths over there, go on, go start acting all arrogant to Nigerian man in Nigeria. Go on - I Dare YouThey'd be taken outside and taken care of.

my boyfriend is Nigerian. I'm a 'Western ****' I suppose. Me and my boyfriend banter and take the piss out of each other all the time. We are crazy about each other and very much in love. I feel bad for you that you need to stereotype your own country's people as well as women. This usually either ends with you finding a loving woman and realising what a massive douche you've been, or committing hateful violent acts towards women.

i know I'm an attractive woman. I don't usually see it myself, I have insecurities too. But it doesn't matter that I get hit on a lot i only have eyes for my man. Being with him, loving him and looking after him makes me happier than I ever thought possible. He loves me too and makes me feel that love everyday. That's all I want from him, his heart. I don't rely on a man for anything else and looks are in no way the most important thing. People get more and more attractive the more I get to know them, good looks alone will never cut it. Not will other material things.

I think you deserve compassion :frown:
Reply 11
So other men try it with your girlfriend when you're both out, and you let her tell them? This will not last long.

From now on you need to tell them.
Reply 12
Original post by ThatGuyRik
Oh lol i quoted the wrong person:colondollar:. My bad!

hahha no worries!
You're scared she'll stop loving you one day and dump you for someone else. But think about what that really means: you're saying you'd feel more secure if you thought she couldn't easily find someone else. That would entail her continuing in a relationship with you when she didn't love you.
Original post by Ciel.
You really are either a troll, or delusional. There's tons of happy relationships which don't include people looking like supermodels.

We said he was a troll and deluded.
Reply 15
We said he was a troll and deluded.

Yeah, probably both. Either way, I'm out of here, reported him because people like him piss me off.
Original post by Ciel.
Yeah, probably both. Either way, I'm out of here, reported him because people like him piss me off.

How do you report? sorry im a newbie :colondollar:
Reply 17
How do you report? sorry im a newbie :colondollar:

Newbie? You have more posts than me...... Just click where that little blue flag is (right side below the post number), where it says 'report post', next to the post you want to report.
Original post by Ciel.
Newbie? You have more posts than me...... Just click where that little blue flag is (right side below the post number), where it says 'report post', next to the post you want to report.

oops. Most of my posts tend to be useless until recently :P

nd thanks.
Reply 19
Well I would strongly disagree with that. I think women are soulless manipulators and this post is the perfect example of it. But being angry about it, is like being angry at a kangaroo for hopping.

It explains why many women dominate Animal Welfare groups, Social Justice groups, and become psychologists and therapists. Often they're so good at controlling one's mind that they turn it into a lifetime pursuit.

would you apply this and everything else you said about women to your own mother?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending