The Student Room Group

would you ever be completely honest to a partner?

Poll

would you ever be completely honest to a partner

would you ever be completely honest to a partner?

Scroll to see replies

As in tell them every single thing about me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
of course?
Reply 3
Defo
Reply 4
I'm an incredibly boring person, isn't much to tell so yeah I'd be honest

Posted from TSR Mobile
um yes?
Reply 6
I was completely honest in my most recent relationship. Too honest actually

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
I'm an incredibly boring person, isn't much to tell so yeah I'd be honest

Posted from TSR Mobile

That
Reply 8
Yes. I've been in a relationship for the last 6 years and told my partner everything. Even things I would have rather kept to myself out of shame or embarrassment, I have told him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would always be honest with the person I love.
No not really. I wouldn't lie but I wouldn't share every single detail about me.
Reply 11
Original post by icdjabtjk
What do you mean too honest, what happened?

I put in a lot of effort in the relationship. I told him things about me that I've never told anyone before, embarrassing and secret stuff. I told him about my previous relationships, I told him things about my family. Told him exactly how my days were, the timings and exactly what I did. I told him how I truly felt about anything and everything. I trusted him to do the same only to find out after 7 months that he cheated on me multiple times and lied about everything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by NutE
I put in a lot of effort in the relationship. I told him things about me that I've never told anyone before, embarrassing and secret stuff. I told him about my previous relationships, I told him things about my family. Told him exactly how my days were, the timings and exactly what I did. I told him how I truly felt about anything and everything. I trusted him to do the same only to find out after 7 months that he cheated on me multiple times and lied about everything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh well the same happened to me as well I was completely honest with someone and shared everything about myself even really embarassing or personal things I'd never spoken outloud before, and she was just lying to me the whole time. That is why I was wondering if I'm just an idiot and it's normal for people to lie in relationships.
Reply 13
Original post by icdjabtjk
Oh well the same happened to me as well I was completely honest with someone and shared everything about myself even really embarassing or personal things I'd never spoken outloud before, and she was just lying to me the whole time. That is why I was wondering if I'm just an idiot and it's normal for people to lie in relationships.

Sorry you went through something similar. It sucks I know. I've realised a lot of people tend to keep things to themselves, even when they're in a relationship. I don't like that though. Don't really get it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, because I don't believe anyone can be fully trusted :no:
I don't think I would lie a lot but I would refrain from telling my partner about some of the things in my past. I would lie though, little white lies. I would try and be honest in the things that mattered, I dislike lies used for one's own selfish gains or cowardice.
I wouldn't lie but I wouldn't tell every single thing about me to them. Don't think I can trust them enough to not throw it back in my face when they're angry or use things against me.

It's happened once to me before and I've learnt I shouldn't be too open about every single thing.
Reply 17
Original post by NutE
Sorry you went through something similar. It sucks I know. I've realised a lot of people tend to keep things to themselves, even when they're in a relationship. I don't like that though. Don't really get it.

Keep doing it though and one day you'll find someone who does the same. Until that point it sucks knowing there's people out there who know more about you than they deserve, but I think it's worth it when you find the right one.
No, I wouldn't lie but there's quite a bit I wouldn't tell them, it would always end badly. I made the mistake once before and I've definitely learnt my lesson.
Yes but dont think I'll ever have a partner because of this as I've "lost" 3-4 years of my life (in my early 20s) to depression

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending