Turn on thread page Beta

Don't know how to start a conversation with a girl I've never met. watch

So I added this girl on Facebook the other day, and we have about 20 mutual friends and I have never met her in real life. I have been trying to stop myself from messaging her but i really want to BUT i just don't know what to say. Baring in mind she probably accepted me as a friend to get an extra friend and won't have a clue who i am either, how do i start a conversation off without seeming creepy and weird?

ReputationRep:
    if you don't want to, wait for her to

(Original post by Anonymous)
    So I added this girl on Facebook the other day, and we have about 20 mutual friends and I have never met her in real life. I have been trying to stop myself from messaging her but i really want to BUT i just don't know what to say. Baring in mind she probably accepted me as a friend to get an extra friend and won't have a clue who i am either, how do i start a conversation off without seeming creepy and weird?
    Eurgh the facebook thing, do you know her in real life because if you share mutual friends in real life than that's so much easier bro, but here is a start throw little hints maybe like her photo see what she does back etc, this will eventually give you an idea whether or not she's interested?

ReputationRep:
    You've never met in real life and she's added you?

So you do have something to break the ice with! Better than nothing...

ReputationRep:
    Start with a good pick up line: "Hey baby, do you do Maths? Because I would love to stretch your curves along the x-axis... if you know what I mean" :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    No exact way to do this, the funnier and more creative, the better the results -

- DO NOT open with "Hey" or "Hi" and it sinful to even dare a "Wuu2" or "How are you"

- I'd like a few NEW pictures, something recent like a updated profile picture that appears on the Newsfeed. After a few links on statues and pictures, message saying something similar too "I'm not sure if it's just me, but I'm sure I recognise you from somewhere?" Throw some suggestions out like School, work, local area, clubs. Even if you know everything about her, ignorance.

-Click onto random bits like she may say something like "I don't know, I work in Nando's?" - Reply with "Oh right, maybe it's that, I practically live there, is it not the best job ever?" And topic swapped and extended conversation.

ReputationRep:
    "I've grown tired of masturbating over the same old holiday snaps and would love to see more".

Eurgh the facebook thing, do you know her in real life because if you share mutual friends in real life than that's so much easier bro, but here is a start throw little hints maybe like her photo see what she does back etc, this will eventually give you an idea whether or not she's interested?

I have never met her but i know a few of her friends well

(Original post by shawn_o1)
    if you don't want to, wait for her to
    she won't message me and thugs guaranteed, it would have to come from me?

(Original post by 9910224)
    You've never met in real life and she's added you?

So you do have something to break the ice with! Better than nothing...
    Sorry I should have said I added her.

(Original post by A5ko)
    "I've grown tired of masturbating over the same old holiday snaps and would love to see more".
    Don't think that will work hahahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A5ko)
    If i was her, I'd block you, report you and probably tell everyone I know to block you aswell because that is very creepy considering i'd have never met you, heard your name and as far as I know u added 20 of my fb friends just to get to me

So op pls dont use this pickup line 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strangerdanger)
    If i was her, I'd block you, report you and probably tell everyone I know to block you aswell because that is very creepy considering i'd have never met you, heard your name and as far as I know u added 20 of my fb friends just to get to me

So op pls dont use this pickup line 😂
    I wasn't being serious deary...

Your username is perfect however.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A5ko)
    You're on fire tonight buddy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A5ko)

Hahahahahahahhaahha thankyou

"Deary"? Do u watch ouat lol ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by A5ko)

lol

O just said Hey and she replied and we are having a good convo now, thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    O just said Hey and she replied and we are having a good convo now, thanks guys
    Wooooo good work, hope it goes well 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 17, 2015
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.