The Student Room Group

Don't know how to start a conversation with a girl I've never met.

So I added this girl on Facebook the other day, and we have about 20 mutual friends and I have never met her in real life. I have been trying to stop myself from messaging her but i really want to BUT i just don't know what to say. Baring in mind she probably accepted me as a friend to get an extra friend and won't have a clue who i am either, how do i start a conversation off without seeming creepy and weird?
if you don't want to, wait for her to
Original post by Anonymous
So I added this girl on Facebook the other day, and we have about 20 mutual friends and I have never met her in real life. I have been trying to stop myself from messaging her but i really want to BUT i just don't know what to say. Baring in mind she probably accepted me as a friend to get an extra friend and won't have a clue who i am either, how do i start a conversation off without seeming creepy and weird?

Eurgh the facebook thing, do you know her in real life because if you share mutual friends in real life than that's so much easier bro, but here is a start throw little hints maybe like her photo see what she does back etc, this will eventually give you an idea whether or not she's interested?
Reply 3
You've never met in real life and she's added you?

So you do have something to break the ice with! Better than nothing...
Reply 4

Start with a good pick up line: "Hey baby, do you do Maths? Because I would love to stretch your curves along the x-axis... if you know what I mean" :sexface:
No exact way to do this, the funnier and more creative, the better the results -

- DO NOT open with "Hey" or "Hi" and it sinful to even dare a "Wuu2" or "How are you"

- I'd like a few NEW pictures, something recent like a updated profile picture that appears on the Newsfeed. After a few links on statues and pictures, message saying something similar too "I'm not sure if it's just me, but I'm sure I recognise you from somewhere?" Throw some suggestions out like School, work, local area, clubs. Even if you know everything about her, ignorance.

-Click onto random bits like she may say something like "I don't know, I work in Nando's?" - Reply with "Oh right, maybe it's that, I practically live there, is it not the best job ever?" And topic swapped and extended conversation.
Reply 6
"I've grown tired of masturbating over the same old holiday snaps and would love to see more".
Reply 7
Eurgh the facebook thing, do you know her in real life because if you share mutual friends in real life than that's so much easier bro, but here is a start throw little hints maybe like her photo see what she does back etc, this will eventually give you an idea whether or not she's interested?

I have never met her but i know a few of her friends well
Reply 8
Original post by shawn_o1
if you don't want to, wait for her to

she won't message me and thugs guaranteed, it would have to come from me?
Reply 9
Original post by 9910224
You've never met in real life and she's added you?

So you do have something to break the ice with! Better than nothing...

Sorry I should have said I added her.
Original post by A5ko
"I've grown tired of masturbating over the same old holiday snaps and would love to see more".

Don't think that will work hahahaha :wink:
Original post by A5ko

If i was her, I'd block you, report you and probably tell everyone I know to block you aswell because that is very creepy considering i'd have never met you, heard your name and as far as I know u added 20 of my fb friends just to get to me

So op pls dont use this pickup line 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Strangerdanger
If i was her, I'd block you, report you and probably tell everyone I know to block you aswell because that is very creepy considering i'd have never met you, heard your name and as far as I know u added 20 of my fb friends just to get to me

So op pls dont use this pickup line 😂

I wasn't being serious deary...

Your username is perfect however.
Original post by A5ko

You're on fire tonight buddy :biggrin:
Original post by A5ko

Hahahahahahahhaahha thankyou

"Deary"? Do u watch ouat lol ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by A5ko

lol
O just said Hey and she replied and we are having a good convo now, thanks guys