The Student Room Group

Advice: Coming of of the Levest Pill

Hi!

So I am currently just over 2 weeks into my tray and experiencing some awful side effects, I have previously tried the mini pill and Yaz and microgynon was my final resort (i've been trying the pill due to developing an allergy to latex).

I've experienced two migraines (which I have never had before), nausea (to the point i've had to leave uni) and I am bloating pretty quickly. I exercise daily and have a vegan diet so a little upset about the extra drowsiness/fatigue:confused:

I really want to quit the pill, however I had unprotected sex on Sunday morning. Have taken 4 pills since - heard that sperm can live up to 5/7 days so worried If I were to stop taking the pill tomorrow (4 days after unprotected sex) I risk falling pregnant if I ovulate...?

Or will the levest in my system help protect me?

Any help would be appreciated so I can come off the pill ASAP!
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi!

So I am currently just over 2 weeks into my tray and experiencing some awful side effects, I have previously tried the mini pill and Yaz and microgynon was my final resort (i've been trying the pill due to developing an allergy to latex).

I've experienced two migraines (which I have never had before), nausea (to the point i've had to leave uni) and I am bloating pretty quickly. I exercise daily and have a vegan diet so a little upset about the extra drowsiness/fatigue:confused:

I really want to quit the pill, however I had unprotected sex on Sunday morning. Have taken 4 pills since - heard that sperm can live up to 5/7 days so worried If I were to stop taking the pill tomorrow (4 days after unprotected sex) I risk falling pregnant if I ovulate...?

Or will the levest in my system help protect me?

Any help would be appreciated so I can come off the pill ASAP!

I would say you would be safe coming off the pill now, as after you come off chances are what will happen is you will have a bleed rather than ovulate. Also, if you were to ovulate it would likely take at least a couple of days for your hormone levels to rise to a point where you would ovulate, meaning it would probably be about 7 days since you'd had unprotected sex.
Just to comment on something else, Levest - which is just the brand name for the pill, not a drug - is a combination of estrogen and progesterone. These do not stay in your system, hence why people can get pregnant even when they just miss one pill. Because of being hormones, not some type of medication, they do not build up or stay in your system.

Quick Reply

Latest