The Student Room Group

Student finance certificate form

I'm applying to student finance via post (I know pretty late, I applied to uni late and was having issues with applying for loans online..) and I need a counter signer for the birth certificate form since my passport hasn't been valid for ten years now.
Thing is, I'm 20 and I finished a college foundation course last July, since then I have been on Job seekers to get by through the last year. All my old tutors at college are away for the summer and I only have one other option which is to get a job advisor at Ingeus to sign the form for me (hopefully if he has a valid passport). However I've only known him for a few months with only being sent to ingeus this year. Would he still be a valid co-signer? I honestly don't have anyone else to sign this.
Original post by t.mwilliams
I'm applying to student finance via post (I know pretty late, I applied to uni late and was having issues with applying for loans online..) and I need a counter signer for the birth certificate form since my passport hasn't been valid for ten years now.
Thing is, I'm 20 and I finished a college foundation course last July, since then I have been on Job seekers to get by through the last year. All my old tutors at college are away for the summer and I only have one other option which is to get a job advisor at Ingeus to sign the form for me (hopefully if he has a valid passport). However I've only known him for a few months with only being sent to ingeus this year. Would he still be a valid co-signer? I honestly don't have anyone else to sign this.

No, they HAVE to have known you for more than two years. There can be no exception to this.

This is a common point of confusion: they don't actually have to have been in any kind of regular contact with you for the past two years. It just has to be someone who first met you at least two years ago. So, for example, if you have a family friend who has one of the occupations listed as acceptable countersignatures, even if they haven't seen you since you were younger, they could be your countersignature.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending