The Student Room Group

Uncertain about my future

First of all, I'm not going to lie. I did pretty rubbish in school. I wish I tried better. I'm just finding it hard as everyone is going to uni and talking about it, there having an awesome social life and all the rest of it!

Look, school was never for me and it didn't help not having many friends & being bullied for pretty much my whole school life. For years and years I knew my heart was in setting up my own business. That's what I really wanted to do, I just couldn't concentrate on nothing else!.

I did a year at sixth form, it really wasn't for me staying in education. I decided to do an apprenticeship so I could learn more about how a workplace works and it was my perfect job of creating websites. It started out OK, as it was a small business with 1 person. I had zero social life then the apprenticeship started getting really bad with the manager leaning over me and not giving me enough time to complete work, not getting paid as they were on the verge of bankruptcy. I tried to last it out but I couldn't, I was shaking everyday, panicking and to the point I could hardly not breath!

I just now feel stuck, everyone else is looking forward to uni and they have great social life's. I'm 18 with who's no longer in an apprenticeship, who cant go back to education as will be 19 soon, on the verge of having to go to court to get owed money!. I am attempting to setup my own business and follow my dreams but the social aspect I am really struggling. I want to be going to nightclubs, hanging out with friends like normal 18 year old's! I really don't know what to do?!
Reply 1
Any Advice?
Reply 2
anyone?

Quick Reply

Latest