The Student Room Group

Guys, what makes you do this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous
No I don't have his number. And I'm not going to ask him because I'm not really friends with him. Also, I've no idea about what he thinks of me so I fear rejection. I can add him on facebook though. However, I don't want him to know that I like him.

Anyway, why do some guys or rather this guys is behaving like this?

Sorry but he's not the problem: you are. You like him but you don't want him to know? Just imagine if he was doing the same thing... What a waste that would be.

And I don't see how adding someone on FB means you like him... I've added so many people on FB that I barely knew (had spoken to them once and that was like 2min). You've gotta start somewhere. This is maybe the best thing FB has to offer. I don't really like FB but how many people I would never have seen again without it.
Lol ngl that first line made me laugh. :biggrin:

Omg do you really think he likes me? Omg i can't believe. He's soooo handsome.

And yes I must say his friends are very immature. In fact, I'm shocked they are his friends he's quite mature himself. But the thing is that I get so nervous around him. My mind goes proper blank. What should I talk to him about? :frown:

Yes I really do think he likes you. He acts like he doesn't care infront of his friends or when he thinks they're watching to save you from the idiocy (and I guess you could call abuse) that they seem to revel in.

And I got frustrated that no-one else clocked onto that lol... Like what in the f*** is Plumstone going on about :rofl: (first post). Though to be fair, I am in his exact same position lol. Most of my friends are idiots, but I've known them for 6 years so I'm not gonna leave them lol, gotta stay loyal and plus they're funny once in a while. But I do distance myself from them ever so slowly.
ANYWAY, on your problems... :laugh:

The standard conversation starters: Music, Films, TV shows, Hobbies etc.

If you find common ground, like you both really like SPECTRE for example then start having a discussion about that! It's kinda like door to door. Keep knocking until one actually opens then step inside and talk!!!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by LoZ_9009
Is this the same guy from before by any chance? Just talk to him a bit more and spend some more time together. He definately likes you, that's for sure, but as said by the other user who has just said, he may be embaressed to admit it in front of his friends. Just spend more time together and he'll begin to talk to you more. I hope that you'll finally get with him as he sounds like the one for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Before? What do you mean?

Also, why do you think he would be embarrassed?
Aww that's so nice of you. Seriously, I love this guy. He is so polite and such a gentleman. Even when i didn't really know him, I felt so comfortable around him. I'm going to try and spend more time when he's around. Sneak peak in the kitchen when i know he's there :biggrin:
Original post by Conkerr
Sorry but he's not the problem: you are. You like him but you don't want him to know? Just imagine if he was doing the same thing... What a waste that would be.

And I don't see how adding someone on FB means you like him... I've added so many people on FB that I barely knew (had spoken to them once and that was like 2min). You've gotta start somewhere. This is maybe the best thing FB has to offer. I don't really like FB but how many people I would never have seen again without it.

Haha no I mean if I know he likes me, then I've no issue in even asking him out. But what if he doesn't like me?

I'll add him on fb dw lol. :smile:
Omg he asked me my name ..so he was going im his room but saw me so came out and asked me my name. Do you think he was being polite or liked me?

sometimes I feel like he likes me and sometimes i'm like he doesn't even know me. i don't know.

he's 21 and i'm 20. He's my flatmate.

I saw him in the flat first time and instantly liked him. He said hi to me firt for a few days after which he asked me my name. He smiled and even leaned in.

Seriously...I just read this thread to my boyfriend and he's laughing his head off because to us it seems so obvious that this guy likes you (from what you've said, anyway).

Since you are flatmates, then you have the perfect opportunity to get to know each other without it needing to get awkward.

I think that the key thing is for you to just start talking to him; suggest going out for a drink, get chatting about his work in the kitchen, whatever it takes to break the ice.

Won't you regret it more if you never give it a try?

Give him your number tomorrow and then let us know what happens - I like getting updates!
Original post by Starvation13
Most of my friends are idiots, but I've known them for 6 years so I'm not gonna leave them lol, gotta stay loyal and plus they're funny once in a while.

Follow up post to that bit:

Since they're so immature, cutting off ties with them is like kicking a hornets nest lol. So that's why I just distance myself with them. I don't hang around with them, tbh we only talk in class and stuff.

I managed to pull of the whole introvert thing well enough hehe, so they kinda accepted that of me and just let me do my own thing.

Spoiler

Yes I really do think he likes you. He acts like he doesn't care infront of his friends or when he thinks they're watching to save you from the idiocy (and I guess you could call abuse) that they seem to revel in.

And I got frustrated that no-one else clocked onto that lol... Like what in the f*** is Plumstone going on about :rofl:. Though to be fair, I am in his exact same position lol. Most of my friends are idiots, but I've known them for 6 years so I'm not gonna leave them lol, gotta stay loyal and plus they're funny once in a while. But I do distance myself from them ever so slowly.
ANYWAY, on your problems... :laugh:

The standard conversation starters: Music, Films, TV shows, Hobbies etc.

If you find common ground, like you both really like SPECTRE for example then start having a discussion about that! It's kinda like door to door. Keep knocking until one actually opens then step inside and talk!!!

Omg I hope that's true. Guess what? I'm going get the guts and talk to him. Show him that I'm interested in him.

Omg omg :biggrin:

Sorry I'm just being hyper rn. :smile:

Thanks for answering :smile:
Omg I hope that's true. Guess what? I'm going get the guts and talk to him. Show him that I'm interested in him.

Omg omg :biggrin:

Sorry I'm just being hyper rn. :smile:

Thanks for answering :smile:

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttt! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

No problem lol

I hope that day arrives for me one day :h:

Good luck and I wish you all the best!!
Original post by Plumstone
Seriously...I just read this thread to my boyfriend and he's laughing his head off because to us it seems so obvious that this guy likes you (from what you've said, anyway).

Since you are flatmates, then you have the perfect opportunity to get to know each other without it needing to get awkward.

I think that the key thing is for you to just start talking to him; suggest going out for a drink, get chatting about his work in the kitchen, whatever it takes to break the ice.

Won't you regret it more if you never give it a try?

Give him your number tomorrow and then let us know what happens - I like getting updates!

Aww haha you're too nice to even read it off

Anyways I will keep you all updated dw. Also,last week i was walking in the corridor towards the door and he was already there, he looked at me and I looked at my phone, he then went away. I think he wanted to hold the door for me but since i kinda ignored him because i was SUPER nervous, he went away. It happened to be that we ended up in the same lift. The lift door was about to shut si he put his arms and hands in the middle to stop it from closing. i got in the lift and he asked me if i was going to lecture because he was. i was actually not going to the lecture so i said 'no, I'm going out and that I missed my lectures today'. We both laughed even though it was not meant to be funny but yeah. Then, we said bye.

I have a feeling he wanted to walk together and talk but I'm not sure.
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttt! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

No problem lol

I hope that day arrives for me one day :h:

Good luck and I wish you all the best!!

Aww thank you!! I wish you luck too! tbh its the best feeling EVER!! However, extremely nerve wracking at the same time. :biggrin:
Reply 30
Haha no I mean if I know he likes me, then I've no issue in even asking him out. But what if he doesn't like me?

I'll add him on fb dw lol. :smile:

Oh ok, yeah it makes more sense :biggrin:

Good idea. It allowed me to get the number of the girl I like and see her all the time. If I hadn't added her on FB I wouldn't have seen her again. Maybe the same thing will happen to you, who knows.
(edited 8 years ago)
In the society we live in, sadly politeness is easily mistaken for flirting.
My opinion anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending