The Student Room Group

How much do I have to weigh to not look slim at 5'10?

I'm a 5'10 girl and the thing about being a tall girl is that you have to weigh lots more for it to actually show on you. I used to be pretty thin before at 125lbs and I managed to gain weight to reach 155lbs - about 11 stone (although annoyingly lost a few pounds since bc of uni:frown:). Yet still at 11 stone I STILL look thin! I just want to be more of a normal weight. I'm not looking for curves since I already have hips, just want to look a bit more meaty. What weight should I aim for to not look slim anymore?
Reply 1
Interesting to read as I am a guy who always fluctuates between 12-13 stone and am a inch or two taller but I look fat so for you being a girl and not much shorter its just interesting.
Odd. I'm 5'9 and 175lbs and I look pretty porky.

How muscular are you?
Reply 3
Original post by Ryouga
Interesting to read as I am a guy who always fluctuates between 12-13 stone and am a inch or two taller but I look fat so for you being a girl and not much shorter its just interesting.

There is about 14 pounds difference between each stone and you probably weigh 20 pounds more than me which is quite a big difference. Maybe I'll aim for around 12 stone then.
Reply 4
Original post by Sabertooth
Odd. I'm 5'9 and 175lbs and I look pretty porky.

How muscular are you?

I've barely got any muscle at all.
Reply 5
Original post by cookieesxo
There is about 14 pounds difference between each stone and you probably weigh 20 pounds more than me which is quite a big difference. Maybe I'll aim for around 12 stone then.

Body frame plays a part though which is why men and women at the same height and weight look so different, normally the woman looks bigger than the guy.

I used to be called fat when I was slim especially at school as have bulky shoulders.
Reply 6
Original post by Ryouga
Body frame plays a part though which is why men and women at the same height and weight look so different, normally the woman looks bigger than the guy.

I used to be called fat when I was slim especially at school as have bulky shoulders.

That's interesting. Both my parents were skinny when they were my age and most relatives on my dad's side of the family are tall and slim, so perhaps that's just my natural body frame no matter how much weight I gain.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
85-90kg I'd say, being fairly lean.

EDIT: Oh you're a girl, don't know then lol
Original post by cookieesxo
I'm a 5'10 girl and the thing about being a tall girl is that you have to weigh lots more for it to actually show on you. I used to be pretty thin before at 125lbs and I managed to gain weight to reach 155lbs - about 11 stone (although annoyingly lost a few pounds since bc of uni:frown:). Yet still at 11 stone I STILL look thin! I just want to be more of a normal weight. I'm not looking for curves since I already have hips, just want to look a bit more meaty. What weight should I aim for to not look slim anymore?

You're at a healthy weight I mean your BMI is around 22 so it's not like you're even near underweight. I'm 5'9 and when I'm around 11 stone that's about right for me, tends to be size 10 on top with size 12 bottom (I also have hips!) so I guess you could try going up to 11 7/12 stone but don't just eat junk to gain weight, you'll feel awful/really lethargic. It would be better if you gained some muscle to bulk you up slightly

Quick Reply

Latest