The Student Room Group

When should I consider contacting Admissions?

Hi all,

I have a question on the tricky issue of deciding when and if there is a right time to contact a uni's admissions office...without seeming contrite/impatient/self-righteous.

I applied to Queen Mary, University of London for BA English on 14th October 2015, and received an acknowledgement email and access to the online portal. They said that they aim to respond within 4 weeks.

It has now been 13 weeks (or just shy of 3 months) and I have yet to hear anything, not even an invitation for interview or rejection.

Should I consider contacting the admissions office to see if everything is ok? If yes, what should I say? Or should I just wait it out and not bother them at this busy time. So many people have been invited for interview, had the interview, and received offers and I applied before most of these people for the same course.

What would you all advise? Am I worrying over nothing? :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by RebeccaTheWhovia
Hi all,

I have a question on the tricky issue of deciding when and if there is a right time to contact a uni's admissions office...without seeming contrite/impatient/self-righteous.

I applied to Queen Mary, University of London for BA English on 14th October 2015, and received an acknowledgement email and access to the online portal. They said that they aim to respond within 4 weeks.

It has now been 13 weeks (or just shy of 3 months) and I have yet to hear anything, not even an invitation for interview or rejection.

Should I consider contacting the admissions office to see if everything is ok? If yes, what should I say? Or should I just wait it out and not bother them at this busy time. So many people have been invited for interview, had the interview, and received offers and I applied before most of these people for the same course.

What would you all advise? Am I worrying over nothing? :smile:

Wait a few days because they're going to have loads of applicants contacting them now due to the deadline approaching. But if you've not heard anything in a week, contact them and ask politely if they have any updates as it has been much longer than they estimated.
Reply 2
They don't have to get back to you till March and quite a lot wait till after the deadline so it's fair, I'd say wait a week or maybe 2 after the deadline tbh.
On my last degree I didn't hear anything until end of feb.
Does English have an interview? Not heard of that before.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending