The Student Room Group

[International] Asked to provide predicted grades that I don't have yet.

I am sorry if this is wrong area but I couldn't find anything better.

So I applied to Edinburgh among a few other Scottish unis and now I've ran into a problem. They're asking me to provide my predicted from my matriculation exams but I haven't even sat those, or the mocks, yet. To me contacting them directly would seem as the best idea but I've been unable to find the contact information.

I'd be be most grateful if anyone here could provide me with the correct phone number (and a source, don't be an ass) or tell me if there's something else I should do.
Original post by Nolla
I am sorry if this is wrong area but I couldn't find anything better.

So I applied to Edinburgh among a few other Scottish unis and now I've ran into a problem. They're asking me to provide my predicted from my matriculation exams but I haven't even sat those, or the mocks, yet. To me contacting them directly would seem as the best idea but I've been unable to find the contact information.

I'd be be most grateful if anyone here could provide me with the correct phone number (and a source, don't be an ass) or tell me if there's something else I should do.

It's up to your referee to supply your predicted grades, and they should have been in your reference. You need to get your referee to contact Ucas and the universities to supply what they need.

Ucas can be contacted on the numbers on their website. I won't quote them in case I look like an ass.
Reply 2
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
It's up to your referee to supply your predicted grades, and they should have been in your reference. You need to get your referee to contact Ucas and the universities to supply what they need.

Ucas can be contacted on the numbers on their website. I won't quote them in case I look like an ass.

A) How can I've predicted grades If I've not sat the test yet?
B) I wasn't refered by a teacher from my current school
C) Those are being asked from me by the uni, not UCAS
D) sorry about the last part. I guess I did phrase it a bit too harshly but calling to random numbers just isn't fun thing to do, you know...
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Nolla
B) My I wasn't refered by a teacher from my current school
D) sorry about the last part. Calling into random numbers just isn't fun thing to do, you know

A) The point of predicted grades is that they are forecasts of how you are likely to do in exams you haven't yet sat. This is how the application process works here.
B) Your referee will have to discuss with those who are currently teaching you what they think you will get and add it to his/her reference.
C) All universities will get the same application form via Ucas. The reference is attached to it and can only be amended through Ucas. If you get the predicted grades put into it, they will be seen by all the universities you have applied to. Your referee can/should also contact the university which has asked for them already. The other universities will ask as well, because an application without predicted grades is not complete.
D) I know that. However, people are more likely to send you wrong if you put the thought into their heads!

https://www.ucas.com/corporate/about-us/contact-us

You will have to supply predicted grades somehow. It is part of the process. The universities have nothing else much to go on as to whether you will be good enough to complete the course without them. All of them will want them, so you have to sort this out.
Original post by Nolla
B) My I wasn't refered by a teacher from my current school
D) sorry about the last part. Calling into random numbers just isn't fun thing to do, you know

A) that's what predicted grades are. If they were decided after you sat the exams they would just be grades
B) is why C) has happened. The UCAS application asks for predicted grades - if your referee didn't provide them then universities will ask for them.
As for D) look at the correspondence from Edinburgh you received that requested the predictions (C)). There will be details about who it is from. Search the Edinburgh website for their contact details (if it isn't on the letter/email) or ring the Edinburgh switchboard and ask to speak to whoever sent you the request.
Reply 5
Thanks for all of the answers. It seems that I'd misunderstood your A levels to be closer to the matriculation exam and the meaning of predicted grades which is why I was so confused.

However, I'd like to ask what should be put to the "overall predicted grades" spot. Would this be the an average or just a relist of the grades listed earlier?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending