The Student Room Group

Is my housemate awful or is it just me?

So, I just really wanted some outside opinions on this.

One of my housemates makes me so anxious and I can't tell if it's him or me. He has been so cold to one of our other housemates whom I am particularly close to, so I don't know if it's just me kind of soaking that animosity up, but I just get so anxious around him. Especially if he's with another housemate or got his friends around. He can make me feel so small at times, and I know he doesn't mean it, but it's the fact that he doesn't mean it, that's problematic. As I said, he has an issue with one of our housemates, but instead of talking to him about it, he just flat out ignores him. He hates his friends so whenever they're round, he just flat out ignores them, or if he answers the door to them, his face will show quite clearly that he does not like them. I understand that he doesn't like our housemate or his - and my comes to that - friends, but he does not have to be so obvious about it. We do have to live together after all. Just the simple saying hi, or how are you, would be fine. We never show our distaste for his friends and say hi to them and so on.

Urgh.

I just wanted people's opinions. I could go on and on, but I don't want to turn this into a massive essay.
awww i feel for u this is me but in sixth form, listen dont stress about it, and just calmly ask him why is his behaviour like this i hope everything will be fine then xx:biggrin:
he sounds like the only problem is he's unfriendly? that's not that bad as far as flatmates go, it's obviously not nice and I'm not saying you are being too sensitive but try and let it wash over you, it's his problem not yours

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending