Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s_ahmed2)
    That's funny.

I guess, like I always say, you will see after death.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If there is nothing after death then we won't "see" anything as this presupposes that an afterlife of some kind exists, when there is not an iota of evidence for one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrankTeller1234)
    That paints a rather malevolent image of Allah, does it not? He makes the conscious choice to burden people with debilitating mental and physical illnesses as a way of "testing" them? Given that chastity is forbidden in Islam, why would he ask it of homosexual Muslims? Can you imagine, as a heterosexual person, being asked to contain your sexual urges for your entire lifetime and never being allowed to act upon them without fear of being hung by the neck and burned in hell for all of eternity? If he issues these sorts of lifetime punishments on people, he presumably always chooses to make certain people born with extreme - often crippling - conditions? Why are some people completely paralyzed? Why are some people born with virtually zero brain capacity? What is the purpose of their existence if their brain isn't even capable of acknowledging the fact that the Qur'an exists or a religion called Islam exists? Even if it *was* a test, they wouldn't understand it.

To me, it's far more likely that your god does not exist, that the Qur'an is a man-made text written at a time when humans were still trying to understand the world around them and that these unfortunate occurrences in human nature are a result of genetic mutations rather than assigned tasks.
    Exactly, this just demolishes the tortured logic of "life is a test" which it cannot be if Allah is all-knowing because a test only exists when there is doubt regarding an outcome which obviously cannot be applied to an omniscient creator. Your example of someone with near zero brain capacity is an excellent refutation because as you say, they wouldn't even be able to understand or acknowledge said test. Apologists have no coherent answer to the illogical "life is a test" doctrine and it indeed makes Allah look more evil than Satan.

ReputationRep:
    If I was a man and had to marry a woman who talked to other human beings, I would move to mars.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HS2030)
    OK. maybe not post pictures of themselves, because guys can get attracted to them without knowing there [sic] married
    Why is that her fault?

(Original post by Biryani007)
    Most Muslim guys and girls have insta tbh...
    (Original post by FrankTeller1234)
    If you take two identical twins with near-identical genetics, if one of them is homosexual, the likelihood that the other is homosexual is significantly higher than if they just happened to be brothers. So, given that we know there is a very large biological component to homosexuality and people don't have a choice who they are attracted to when they are born, why would Allah bring these people into existence if he considers homosexuality an act worthy of death? He's essentially having people born so that he can have them killed if they act upon what comes naturally to them.
    so there is a homo gene? or allele?
    if parents are bisexual will this make it more likely for their kids to also be?
    likewise if parents are homo (assuming they reproduce some laboratory way) that their kids will be homo

(Original post by HAnwar)
    Lol he's not making any sense whatsoever.

Sounds like your friend is cherry picking what rules he wants to obey from Islam.
    I could be the most religious Muslim in the world, pray all day, read Quran, observe extra fasts etc. but if I drank alcohol or ate pork, does that suddenly mean the ruling changes and it's permissible to have alcohol and pork?

Your friend needs to read the copy of the Quran again and do his research because he's wrong.
    he may not make sense to you but you don't make sense to him, simples. he is extremely religious and says that the Quran is meant to be taken with a pinch of salt and adapted to modern times which is a viewpoint that many Muslims in the world have.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    How long has your friend been gay and practicing? Lol it sounds like a weird combination since his/her acts are being condemned in the book he/she believes in.
    Probably around 5-6 years now.

ReputationRep:
    he may not make sense to you but you don't make sense to him, simples. he is extremely religious and says that the Quran is meant to be taken with a pinch of salt and adapted to modern times which is a viewpoint that many Muslims in the world have.

Probably around 5-6 years now.
    Lol you sound really naive believing whatever your friend says, just because he's so 'religious'.
    Have you bothered to do your own research into this?

It doesn't matter if one Muslim has that viewpoint or 1000 do, if it's wrong it's wrong.
    If God wanted the Quran to adapt to today, He would've sent an updated version of it to us.

Tell me which respected scholars support his viewpoint?
    If you can't find me one then you should accept he's wrong and stop believing everything he says :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    and i called you out on your point specifically in regards to christianity which isnt necessarily correct.

no he hasnt, he believes its allowed so he isnt going against any rule. again, you can think what you like, but he disagrees with you.
    so. therefore, he cant be a pios dude, as he does adultry, and believes in it but doesnt know it. again you are wrong. you and your friend need to get thier facts straight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunni money)
    Why is that her fault?
    it isnt. i didnt say. i mean which married woman posts picture on insta when they can only take face-shots? the rest is an abayah.... i think i would lose all my followers if i posteed a face shot every day....

ReputationRep:
    it isnt. i didnt say. i mean which married woman posts picture on insta when they can only take face-shots? the rest is an abayah.... i think i would lose all my followers if i posteed a face shot every day....
    you clearly haven't heard of selfies...

ReputationRep:
    If God wanted the Quran to adapt to today, He would've sent an updated version of it to us.
    That would undoubtedly have been a good idea, and by far the best solution

However, since this did not happen, in my view Muslims have to do the work by themselves : to understand which verses of the Quran refer to a specific past situation only, and those which have a more general reach, and how they have to be interpreted today

so, the OP will have to find some verses/ahadith which apply to the situation described. While experts may of course be consulted, the ultimate decision is of course up to the person in question

best

Lol you sound really naive believing whatever your friend says, just because he's so 'religious'.
    Have you bothered to do your own research into this?

It doesn't matter if one Muslim has that viewpoint or 1000 do, if it's wrong it's wrong.

Tell me which respected scholars support his viewpoint?
    If you can't find me one then you should accept he's wrong and stop believing everything he says :rolleyes:
    And he doesn't see it as wrong so he disagrees with you. He doesn't need scholars on a subject like this, scholars themselves don't agree on all things and have different interpretations.

so. therefore, he cant be a pios dude, as he does adultry, and believes in it but doesnt know it. again you are wrong. you and your friend need to get thier facts straight.
    He doesn't do adultery because he isn't married :facepalm:

No, you are wrong and he is right, he has his facts straight and he would say that you need to get yours right.

Some wouldnt, they just want females as legal slaves.

ReputationRep:
    Yes you are. I'm anonymous because I know several Muslim guys who have boyfriends (and therefore obviously have sex), but they still pray to Allah and believe in most of Islam, so yes, it's definitely allowed
    Dude wtf? No it's definitely not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    They have not proved its not. Genetic factors contributing to homosexuality have been found, including genes Xq28 and 8q12 on the X chromosome. It's likely that homosexuality is due to a combination of genetic and environmental factors and by environmental it's referring to things like the levels of testosterone a foetus is exposed to in the womb. So either way it's not a choice.

To even say it is is ridiculous. Loads of people in history have been killed and committed suicide because of their homosexuality, proving it's not something that can be changed, otherwise they would have simply just decided to be straight. Ask yourself when you consciously chose to be attracted to the opposite sex and whether you could just make yourself be attracted to the same sex.
    I'm actually curious to research this now. Any links/references? Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    And he doesn't see it as wrong so he disagrees with you. He doesn't need scholars on a subject like this, scholars themselves don't agree on all things and have different interpretations.

He doesn't do adultery because he isn't married :facepalm:

No, you are wrong and he is right, he has his facts straight and he would say that you need to get yours right.
    Yes you are. I'm anonymous because I know several Muslim guys who have boyfriends (and therefore obviously have sex), but they still pray to Allah and believe in most of Islam, so yes, it's definitely allowed
    omg, how stupid canu get. here u say that they have sex, and now u r saying u dont. honestly, go, get ur facts straight and then come back to us. geez.

omg, how stupid canu get. here u say that they have sex, and now u r saying u dont. honestly, go, get ur facts straight and then come back to us. geez.
    what are you talking about lol? read the posts properly and youll see that i dont say ' they dont have sex ' anywhere

ReputationRep:
    why is a girl posting pictures on social media an issue?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie0497)
    why is a girl posting pictures on social media an issue?
    Due to the fact that some people think that guys **** over images of girls faces. Rofl. Lmfao.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry. Islam quite clearly states that homosexuality is not permitted in Islam. Hope this clarifies.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.