The Student Room Group

Muslim Men of TSR

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Anonymous
he may not make sense to you but you don't make sense to him, simples. he is extremely religious and says that the Quran is meant to be taken with a pinch of salt and adapted to modern times which is a viewpoint that many Muslims in the world have.

Probably around 5-6 years now.

Lol you sound really naive believing whatever your friend says, just because he's so 'religious'.
Have you bothered to do your own research into this?

It doesn't matter if one Muslim has that viewpoint or 1000 do, if it's wrong it's wrong.
If God wanted the Quran to adapt to today, He would've sent an updated version of it to us.

Tell me which respected scholars support his viewpoint?
If you can't find me one then you should accept he's wrong and stop believing everything he says :rolleyes:
Reply 61
and i called you out on your point specifically in regards to christianity which isnt necessarily correct.

no he hasnt, he believes its allowed so he isnt going against any rule. again, you can think what you like, but he disagrees with you.

so. therefore, he cant be a pios dude, as he does adultry, and believes in it but doesnt know it. again you are wrong. you and your friend need to get thier facts straight.
Reply 62
Original post by sunni money
Why is that her fault?

it isnt. i didnt say. i mean which married woman posts picture on insta when they can only take face-shots? the rest is an abayah.... i think i would lose all my followers if i posteed a face shot every day....
Original post by HS2030
it isnt. i didnt say. i mean which married woman posts picture on insta when they can only take face-shots? the rest is an abayah.... i think i would lose all my followers if i posteed a face shot every day....

you clearly haven't heard of selfies...
Original post by HAnwar
If God wanted the Quran to adapt to today, He would've sent an updated version of it to us.
That would undoubtedly have been a good idea, and by far the best solution

However, since this did not happen, in my view Muslims have to do the work by themselves : to understand which verses of the Quran refer to a specific past situation only, and those which have a more general reach, and how they have to be interpreted today

so, the OP will have to find some verses/ahadith which apply to the situation described. While experts may of course be consulted, the ultimate decision is of course up to the person in question

best
Original post by HAnwar
Lol you sound really naive believing whatever your friend says, just because he's so 'religious'.
Have you bothered to do your own research into this?

It doesn't matter if one Muslim has that viewpoint or 1000 do, if it's wrong it's wrong.

Tell me which respected scholars support his viewpoint?
If you can't find me one then you should accept he's wrong and stop believing everything he says :rolleyes:

And he doesn't see it as wrong so he disagrees with you. He doesn't need scholars on a subject like this, scholars themselves don't agree on all things and have different interpretations.

Original post by HS2030
so. therefore, he cant be a pios dude, as he does adultry, and believes in it but doesnt know it. again you are wrong. you and your friend need to get thier facts straight.

He doesn't do adultery because he isn't married :facepalm:

No, you are wrong and he is right, he has his facts straight and he would say that you need to get yours right.
Some wouldnt, they just want females as legal slaves.
Yes you are. I'm anonymous because I know several Muslim guys who have boyfriends (and therefore obviously have sex), but they still pray to Allah and believe in most of Islam, so yes, it's definitely allowed :smile:

Dude wtf? No it's definitely not.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
They have not proved its not. Genetic factors contributing to homosexuality have been found, including genes Xq28 and 8q12 on the X chromosome. It's likely that homosexuality is due to a combination of genetic and environmental factors and by environmental it's referring to things like the levels of testosterone a foetus is exposed to in the womb. So either way it's not a choice.

To even say it is is ridiculous. Loads of people in history have been killed and committed suicide because of their homosexuality, proving it's not something that can be changed, otherwise they would have simply just decided to be straight. Ask yourself when you consciously chose to be attracted to the opposite sex and whether you could just make yourself be attracted to the same sex.

I'm actually curious to research this now. Any links/references? Cheers.
Reply 69
And he doesn't see it as wrong so he disagrees with you. He doesn't need scholars on a subject like this, scholars themselves don't agree on all things and have different interpretations.

He doesn't do adultery because he isn't married :facepalm:

No, you are wrong and he is right, he has his facts straight and he would say that you need to get yours right.

Yes you are. I'm anonymous because I know several Muslim guys who have boyfriends (and therefore obviously have sex), but they still pray to Allah and believe in most of Islam, so yes, it's definitely allowed :smile:

omg, how stupid canu get. here u say that they have sex, and now u r saying u dont. honestly, go, get ur facts straight and then come back to us. geez.
Original post by HS2030
omg, how stupid canu get. here u say that they have sex, and now u r saying u dont. honestly, go, get ur facts straight and then come back to us. geez.

what are you talking about lol? read the posts properly and youll see that i dont say ' they dont have sex ' anywhere
why is a girl posting pictures on social media an issue?
Original post by ellie0497
why is a girl posting pictures on social media an issue?

Due to the fact that some people think that guys **** over images of girls faces. Rofl. Lmfao.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73

I'm sorry. Islam quite clearly states that homosexuality is not permitted in Islam. Hope this clarifies.
Original post by hxmx
I'm sorry. Islam quite clearly states that homosexuality is not permitted in Islam. Hope this clarifies.

At thats your interpretation and my friends interpretation is different. hope this clarifies
At thats your interpretation and my friends interpretation is different. hope this clarifies

Your friend is wrong uncategorically. There are some things which scholars disagree on, yes, but these are minor legal issues e.g. where one places their hands during prayer, but on major issues like homosexual relations with others, the scholars have a consensus. Irregardless of it being his own personal interpretation, he will still be judged by God according to what God has said, not what your friend says - it's like going to court and then trying to trying to argue your own interpretation of law when all statutues and case law work completely against you...
no he is right in his interpretation and he will carry on having gay sex and graciously worshipping Allah. Allah loves him for that.
no he is right in his interpretation and he will carry on having gay sex and graciously worshipping Allah. Allah loves him for that.

For his sake I hope this is out of ignorance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Depends really.
i remember i made my girlfriend at the time delete her myspace and msn.
This was long before all this instagram,twitter malarky which is imo is 10x worse and i still aint changed my mind so i wouldnt 100 percent rule it out but it will eventually get deleted.
No Ahmed it's out of truth and something he enjoys and which he knows Allah enjoys

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending