Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Letter of reconsideration to a university?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    You can carry them over, so work out if youd satnd more chance with just doing 2. this is where communucation and clarification with them if you are going to reapply would make sense. If you build up some ongoing relation with them, then it is helpful. Is a remark possible or is that how you know you scored 1 below an A because you tried it?
    Remarks have to be completed before the end of September, so it's out of the question to do anything about it now. The marks are given on the results sheet, so it is clear how far off the next boundary you are before putting in for a remark.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    Remarks have to be completed before the end of September, so it's out of the question to do anything about it now. The marks are given on the results sheet, so it is clear how far off the next boundary you are before putting in for a remark.
    Fine, thanks. Just running through the options in my head.

ReputationRep:
    Fine, thanks. Just running through the options in my head.
    No problem. There aren't that many, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wheredidshego)
    I recently received a rejection for the University that I really want to go to. I really had my heart set on it and I really don't know what to do.
    The course was International Business with Spanish and the grade requirements are ABB.
    I recieved BBB at AS level but I was only 1 mark off an A in Spanish ...
    I think I may have recieved a rejection as my subjects aren't business based :
    Spanish
    English Language
    Health and Social Care

The universities have until the end of March to make decisions about applicants on UCAS (this is what my teacher said) and offers therefore I am debating whether I should write a reconsideration letter myself or if I should get my teacher to help me. Although the I am scared that I might be too late as I will only be able to get her help on the 4th of April....
    Do any of you know how to word a letter of reconsideration for the offer ? I am greatful for any help ! Thankyou!
    What uni is the course at?

If it's a course which is usually in clearing/adjustment you could get in through that way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    What uni is the course at?

If it's a course which is usually in clearing/adjustment you could get in through that way?
    Not if she has been rejected from the outset, no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    Not if she has been rejected from the outset, no.
    Wait so you can't reapply for a course after results day for one you've been rejected from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Wait so you can't reapply for a course after results day for one you've been rejected from?
    You can try, but they won't take you if they have already rejected you beforehand. They decided in advance that you didn't have what they were looking for and that isn't going to change on results day. If they had been prepared to overlook whatever they were in doubt about in your application and give you an offer, they could have given a high offer just to see, but they didn't. The same is true of adjustment - they could have asked for higher than usual grades in the first place if they had been interested, but they weren't.

There's nothing to stop you applying the following year but if the flaw in the application hasn't been put right, the result will be the same.

ReputationRep:
    You can carry them over, so work out if youd satnd more chance with just doing 2. this is where communucation and clarification with them if you are going to reapply would make sense. If you build up some ongoing relation with them, then it is helpful. Is a remark possible or is that how you know you scored 1 below an A because you tried it?
    As Spanish is a language and I learn more each year it only makes sense that I would repeat it again and gain more marks as I know more Spanish . Every pupil that my teacher has had goes up after repeating the exam the next year. So there's no point in asking for a re-mark... It's too late now anyways .. On results day you can access your results online (which I did) and it tells you the grade and how far off the next grade you are
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    As Spanish is a language and I learn more each year it only makes sense that I would repeat it again and gain more marks as I know more Spanish . Every pupil that my teacher has had goes up after repeating the exam the next year. So there's no point in asking for a re-mark... It's too late now anyways .. On results day you can access your results online (which I did) and it tells you the grade and how far off the next grade you are
    Yes thats what carnation said in the post above. I was just addressing the logical possibilites as they arose. Not the end of the world going a year later. try to get a job to save some money.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I have recieved my offers from the other 4 universities but I live in N.I and the uni I want to go to is here .. I can't afford to go to England as my maintenance fee doesn't even cover the cost of accommodation to live over there.
    Have you considered applying to any universities in Ireland? Fees are much lower than NI or GB.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Have you considered applying to any universities in Ireland? Fees are much lower than NI or GB.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Health and Social Care isn't seen as an A level down there.. Which really is unfortunate because I would like to go there ...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.