The Student Room Group

Type 1 diabetic on the pill, could I be pregnant?

I am an 18 year old type 1 diabetic and have recently started on the pill (I think this is my second month). I have been with my boyfriend for probably the same amount of time perhaps a bit longer. I am getting worried because recently my blood sugar levels have been really weirdly high, this could be because of my insulin being very old (I have not had new insulin for a while and having not regularly kept it in the fridge this could be a possibility). My breasts have also become a little sensitive but I notice that it is one of the side effects of the pill and so it could be that. I don't know if I'm being completely ridiculous because my boyfriend and I have only had sex once or twice (I was on the pill) and I'm pretty sure he didn't come inside me. Other times we have just done oral stuff etc but I'm very very very panicky because of these changes. I had my period last time and its another week and a bit until I see if I get my next one. I don't know whether to stop panicking, get my new insulin tomorrow and wait to see if I get my period or just panic panic panic and go to the doctors for a blood test tomorrow (do they even do appointments for the same day??) Thank you and sorry for the amount of blabber!
Reply 1
Original post by gnr567
I am an 18 year old type 1 diabetic and have recently started on the pill (I think this is my second month). I have been with my boyfriend for probably the same amount of time perhaps a bit longer. I am getting worried because recently my blood sugar levels have been really weirdly high, this could be because of my insulin being very old (I have not had new insulin for a while and having not regularly kept it in the fridge this could be a possibility). My breasts have also become a little sensitive but I notice that it is one of the side effects of the pill and so it could be that. I don't know if I'm being completely ridiculous because my boyfriend and I have only had sex once or twice (I was on the pill) and I'm pretty sure he didn't come inside me. Other times we have just done oral stuff etc but I'm very very very panicky because of these changes. I had my period last time and its another week and a bit until I see if I get my next one. I don't know whether to stop panicking, get my new insulin tomorrow and wait to see if I get my period or just panic panic panic and go to the doctors for a blood test tomorrow (do they even do appointments for the same day??) Thank you and sorry for the amount of blabber!
Go to the ****ing doctor.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending