The Student Room Group

TOO many sexual partners?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Wouldn't bother me tbh. Past is the past, if we're both in a good place to commit then why not?

Although it takes a long time for me to be comfortable getting in a relationship with someone, so I'd probably know him a bit better than you seem to at this point.
I would be more concerned if he had dated most of those women as opposed to just sleeping with them. The short relationship lengths are more indicative, but even so it isn't his fault if they just didn't work out for whatever reason. It seems as though he's been perfectly honest with you about it all, which is good. He's not trying to make out like he hasn't slept with 50+ people.

If you like him, give him a chance if you're comfortable with it. If you're worried about it, be honest with him and explain your concerns but It's his body and he exercised sexual freedom, whatever is in his past is past. As long as he is suitable for you and is conscientious about using protection during sex then I wouldn't hold his past against him. Just ensure that if you want a relationship with him, and a serious/exclusive one at that, make your intentions known.

@WoodyMKC's post is a good sign that people who sleep with a lot of people are perfectly capable and collected in their decision to settle down with someone when they want to.

Just ensure that he's ready for a relationship and make the lines of communication open and flowing for honest conversation. Try not to feel defensive or upset about the number, none of them will matter to him if he truly wants to be with you. Give him the benefit of the doubt, and try and work out what his intentions are and what kind of person he is before diving in head first.

"Too many" is always subjective in terms of sexual partners. In my experience, some people (male or female) are ready to settle with their first sexual partner. Others want to see what's out there first. Either is an acceptable way to go about things as long as you don't cheat/abuse your partners or be careless with protection.
Reply 22
Original post by Anonymous
That's what I'm afraid of but he's so nice to me it's hard to tell what he wants.

UPDATE: I ALSO FOUND OUT THAT HE'S ONLY HAD TWO GIRLFRIENDS AND THE LONGEST RELATIONSHIP WAS 6 MONTHS WHICH MAKES ME QUESTION HOW HE TREATED THE OTHER 50+ WOMEN :s-smilie::frown:

If you were a store manager would you hire a guy who got caught stealing 50+ times before and the longest job he ever hung onto without stealing was 6 months?

If yes then date him.
If no, then you know what you should do. The question is, will you do it..
Reply 23
well i've been with 50+ men so that wouldn't be so shocking to me

however if i was still a virgin then obviously it would have been a big deal...
Original post by PandaCalavera
I would be more concerned if he had dated most of those women as opposed to just sleeping with them. The short relationship lengths are more indicative, but even so it isn't his fault if they just didn't work out for whatever reason. It seems as though he's been perfectly honest with you about it all, which is good. He's not trying to make out like he hasn't slept with 50+ people.

If you like him, give him a chance if you're comfortable with it. If you're worried about it, be honest with him and explain your concerns but It's his body and he exercised sexual freedom, whatever is in his past is past. As long as he is suitable for you and is conscientious about using protection during sex then I wouldn't hold his past against him. Just ensure that if you want a relationship with him, and a serious/exclusive one at that, make your intentions known.

@WoodyMKC's post is a good sign that people who sleep with a lot of people are perfectly capable and collected in their decision to settle down with someone when they want to.

Just ensure that he's ready for a relationship and make the lines of communication open and flowing for honest conversation. Try not to feel defensive or upset about the number, none of them will matter to him if he truly wants to be with you. Give him the benefit of the doubt, and try and work out what his intentions are and what kind of person he is before diving in head first.

"Too many" is always subjective in terms of sexual partners. In my experience, some people (male or female) are ready to settle with their first sexual partner. Others want to see what's out there first. Either is an acceptable way to go about things as long as you don't cheat/abuse your partners or be careless with protection.

Thank you for the advice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending