The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
capitalP
Well speaking as a 25 year old who has been through uni..I dont know one couple who stayed together from school --> uni. I do however know one couple who got together in first term of year 1 and are still together. A few other got together in fresher week and split up right after uni....one I know got together the last day of uni and are still together now ( awww).

IMO people do it for comfort, as a crutch and then it becomes habit.

what? staying together from school, uni, or both?!

I know that I wouldn't stay in a relationship just for that though.
Reply 21
Sarky's boyfriend has only just gone away, but you may still want to chat to her.
Reply 22
both.

I would say sometimes you arent fully aware, over time one loses perspective. :smile:
Reply 23
capitalP
both.

I would say sometimes you arent fully aware, over time one loses perspective. :smile:

that's generalizing.
Reply 24
without knowing you intimately, one has to generalise. Unless you made a thread asking people to post advice specific to your life situation that only you know fully?
Reply 25
someone was suggesting 'taking a break' if we don't want to end our relationship?
Reply 26
then dont you make a mockery of the whole thing? That is just indicative of you using each other as safety blankets...akin to friends with benefits.

Lets say you do take a break and you both pull other people..will you want to be back together after the travelling is over?
Reply 27
capitalP
then dont you make a mockery of the whole thing? That is just indicative of you using each other as safety blankets...akin to friends with benefits.

Lets say you do take a break and you both pull other people..will you want to be back together after the travelling is over?

huh?
No, if we get together with other people, then we won't get back together. He'll be here at university, what if he does? It would be easier for me because I'll be away travelling, so I think it might be unfair of me if I ask him to wait for 10 months. Haven't talked about this thing with him though.
Reply 28
why not ? it depends upon how much love you have for each other, your understanding and commitment.
Reply 29
choco6
huh?
Haven't talked about this thing with him though.

Get off TSR and talk to him about it, then.
Reply 30
Angelil
Get off TSR and talk to him about it, then.

yes but it sounds like I want to look elsewhere, when I don't.
Reply 31
You don't have to phrase it that way, though. Just tell him you're worried about not being able to see him for so long and talk about ways you can both cope. It's not that difficult.
Reply 32
he might be thinking the same thing after all :smile:
Reply 33
capitalP
he might be thinking the same thing after all :smile:

about this?

yes but it sounds like I want to look elsewhere, when I don't.
Reply 34
well any of your thoughts really. He is your boyf after all...you likely share a lot of common ground here :smile:
Reply 35
yes, I guess I will. I just wanted to see if anyone had managed to make their relationship work...hope I'll find someone who did !!
Reply 36
To be honest, why does it sound as if you want to hear from other people that it won't work out?

You really do have to have some faith in your relationship, even if it doesn't work out... there is nothing you can do about it. So just keep a positive attitude that it will :biggrin:

Besides its definitely possible if your both willing to make it work, people don't have to fall in love all the time.
Reply 37
Sambola
To be honest, why does it sound as if you want to hear from other people that it won't work out?

You really do have to have some faith in your relationship, even if it doesn't work out... there is nothing you can do about it. So just keep a positive attitude that it will :biggrin:

Besides its definitely possible if your both willing to make it work, people don't have to fall in love all the time.

lol I think she's simply very worried!
Reply 38
Sambola

why would i want that? It obviously seems like that though.

Latest

Trending

Trending